Chapter 25: No Boys

Chapter 25

No Boys

"Dad, I..." I looked away. "I just didn't, Titus and I..."

He pulled over the road and put in the car in park. "I asked you, Aden. I asked you point blank, if something was going on between you and that boy, and you lied."

"It's not an easy thing to admit," I whispered, quickly wiping my face. "I'm sorry."

My father let out a heated sigh and sunk into his seat. "I understand why it would be hard, but I expected you to be honest with me." He glanced over at me. "What kind of relationship are you in with this boy? I want an honest answer."

I took in a shaky breath. "We're going out."

Closing his eyes, my dad banged his head against the seat. He ran his hands down his face, before putting the truck in drive and turning around.

"Where are we going?"

"Home," he said firmly. "I think we need to sit down with your mother and discuss a few things."

"You have work though."

"I'll call in and get someone to cover for me."

Sucking in my lips, I nodded. "'kay."

We drove home in silence. I was too nervous and anxious to say anything or even mess with the radio. After pulling into the drive, we both climbed out of the truck. My dad opened the front door and ushered me inside.

My mother hurried out from the bedroom with Demon wrapped in a towel. "Quint?"

"I know, Karen." He went to the kitchen.

We shuffled along behind him to the table and sat down.

"He was scared," said my mom. "We were going to try and ease you into the idea."

My father just stared at me. I didn't meet his gaze though. I kept my eyes pointed at my lap.

"How long have you know?"

She placed the dog on the ground. "Last week, I walked in on them kissing. I've been keeping my eye on the boys since," she quickly added.

"Hmmm..." His stare intensified. "Has it gone passed kissing, Aden?"

My face shone red and quickly covered it with my hands.

"Aden?" he said sternly. "Answer me."

The tears were coming. I should have just told him the day my mom found out, so I won't have to go through this twice. A chair was pushed back, and the one at my side was pulled out.

My father held me in his arms. "It's fine, alright. I'm not mad. Just disappointed. You keep lying to me. I just want you to be honest."

"We did," I whispered. "We didn't have sex, but we've done other things."

"While you were here?"

"Yes," I piped, looking up at him. "I'm sorry. I'm really, really sorry. I just wanted to be with him. I really like Titus."

"Did he force you?"

I shook my head, startled by the question. "No. No, never. Titus would never do that to me. I wanted to do more, but he said we should wait. It was me, not him."

He hugged me tighter before pulling away. "Aden, I don't want you seeing that boy anymore."

My mouth dropped open. "What?" I said in a shaky voice. "I thought... I thought you were okay."

My mother hurried over. "Quint, don't be like this. I spoken to them, and they're calming it down. They know what we expected now."

He shook his head. "He's too young." Standing, he walked to the living room.

My mom marched after him. "Quint," she snapped.

I slipped out of my chair and sat down on the stairs.

"Titus is a good boy. I'll admit, they let their hormones take over, but no harm was done. You can't just say he's too young for this kind of relationship when you've allowed him to date for years."

"Those were girls, Karen." He walked to the fireplace. "This one though. If he wants something he'll take it. He's twice the size of Aden. I don't want our son involved with someone like that. Aden is not allowed to see that boy again."

My chest tightened.

"You're being ridiculous. Titus would never do that." stated my mother, with her hands on her hips. "They've done nothing wrong."

"Yet, Karen!" He pounded his fist on the mantle. "Not yet. Titus will only cause problems for all of us. Problems I refuse to put this family through. Aden is my son, gay or straight, I don't give a damn, but I'm not letting this happen. Not with Titus."

"You're hurting him, you know that," she said calmly. "You don't know how close they've grown. You haven't seen them together. Titus treats Aden better than anyone our son had ever gone out with. Better than even his friends."

"In a year," my father took a deep breath. "Aden will go to college. Until then, they'll will be no boyfriends. No boys period. He'll wait until he's old enough, because a seventeen year old boy playing around in the woods with horny man is not something I will ever tolerate. The answer is no. Titus is not allowed in this house ever."

I covered my mouth as the hot tears fell. I fled up the stairs and slammed the door. Titus would never. He never do anything to me. He was kind, he was so kind to me. I didn't want to break up with him. I couldn't break up with him.

Sitting on the floor, I pulled my knees to my chest and laid my head on them. This shouldn't be happening. If he's okay with my being gay, then being with Titus should be okay. I laid my head back on my bed and took deep breaths to calm down.

A few minutes later there was a knock on the door. My mother stepped inside, followed by my father. She helped me off the floor and onto the bed.

"Aden," said my father.

I didn't look up.

"You need to break up with Titus. When you're older and if you want to try again with the boy, then that will be your choice. But for now, I don't want you to see him."

"Why?" I whispered.

"Being gay in this town is hard, Aden. I don't want to see you go through that. You're too young. You need to wait until college. People are more accepting there, and who knows, maybe you'll find someone better than Titus."

I clenched my jaw. "Maybe I don't want to wait." I hurried out of the room.

"Aden!" called my mother.

Going into the bathroom, I slammed the door and locked it. My parents could be heard outside, but in whispers. The creaking of the stairs signal them going downstairs. I waited a few minutes longer before returning to my room.

Flopping down on the bed, I felt so frustrated and hurt. I couldn't do that. I couldn't just break up with him, right? I loved him. I couldn't break up with someone that for once I could actually say I was in love with.