Chapter 68: Water Falls Moments

Chapter 68

Water Falls Moments

My mother straightened my teal silk tie and made sure it laid right beneath my vest. She picked up the suit jacket off a chair and held me put it on. She looked beautiful in her teal dress with a matching jacket with a corsage on her wrist. I took a deep breath as she did up the button.

"Nerves getting to you."

I shook my head. "Excited."

She raised an eyebrow.

"And a few nerves."

Laughing she clasped my cheek. "You've been counting down to this day for months."

"It's just tonight," I whispered. "You know."

My mom hugged me. "Aden, you're my son. Werewolf, human, none of that matters, and if Titus doesn't want a visit from your father, he'll treat you right."

"Thanks, mom," I laughed.

She fixed the piece of fabric sticking out of my pocket. "You look very handsome. If only you have let me get the wedding dress."

"Mom." I rolled my eyes.

"I'm teasing, Aden." She gave me a content smile. "In one year you've grown up on me. Never thought you'd get married this quickly."

"Me either."

Rising up on her toes, she kissed my cheek. "At least I know, Xavier will keep an eye on you for me."

"Mom," I groaned. "Don't remind me. Having my father-in-law as my alpha isn't something I'm looking forward to."

"That's where we're have conflicting opinions." She grabbed her bag and headed for the door. "I'll see if they have the ATV ready."

"'kay." I faced the mirror and straightened out my black suit. This was it. Tonight I would mate with Titus, but before that I was getting married. "Oh my god." I ran my hand down my face. I was so nervous. I just wanted everything to go okay. My mother had everything planned down to the colored paper holding the utensils together, but becoming a werewolf. 

I sat down on a nearby chair. I wanted to be with Titus, but every possible bad outcome was flooding my mind. 

"Aden."

I looked up to see Titus, standing there in the same attire as me. 

"Are you okay?"

Nodding, I stood. "Yeah."

He met me in the middle of the room and wrapped me up in his arms. We just stood there embracing one another. Knowing I'd have him by my side through it all was very calming, though. 

"I love you," he whispered in my ear.

I cupped his face and kissed him. "I love you too." Stepping back, I smoothed out his suit jacket. "You look really nice."

"Wait until you see Darius. He's been moaning about it all morning. Kept telling me it's lucky were brother because he'll never spend a day pretending to be human again."

"You know," I scoffed. "I don't doubt that for a moment."

Titus chuckled. "Your mom took care of it, though. So don't worry."

"I don't doubt that either."

My mother cleared her throat. "The ATV outside, so when you two are ready, we'll be waiting for you."

"'kay, thanks mom."

She smiled and left us alone. 

Titus grabbed my hand and slipped off my ring. "I can still get you a better one." He dropped it in his pocket.