Chapter 22

I Hate That I Love You

Chapter 22

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blake's POV

Four months later ~

"Congratulations class of 2012!" Dean Conett said.

After exchanging words with Aiden, I went in search for Carly. I saw her chatting with my parents. I smiled when she turned sideways and I saw the obvious curved of her belly.

It took us a long time but we finally got her pregnant. She was a month into her pregnancy and she was glowing like no other.

I ran over to her and pulled her into a big hug, careful not to squeeze the belly. She thought it was hilarious how paranoid I was over hurting the little bundle of joy we created.

"Congratulations, baby." she said an her smile just brightened up my day even more.

I loved her so much that it hurt.

Then I watched as a beam of light seemed to appear from the clouds up above and hit Carly like a spot light. It was like God was telling me that this was it, this was the perfect moment I was hoping for.

I let her go and took a step back. I was holding each of her hands with mine and was looking her straight in the eye. Tears started to fall from her eyes when I started to kneel down in front of her. I let one of her hand go so I could get the black velvet box from my pocket.

I didn't think it would be today but when I hugged her and kissed her and looked into those perfect eyes of hers, I knew right then and there that I couldn't wait any longer. The love I felt for Carly was over the top, my heart over flowing with it.

"I know that I've been an asshole and I know that I don't deserve you. I want you to know that just by holding you like this, I am the luckiest man on Earth. I've loved you ever since I laid eyes on you. I love you more than anything. Trust me when I say I know I've made my share of mistakes and I will most likely make more but I hope you love me enough to stay with me. I was stubborn, hardheaded, and a crazy jerk. But I promise that if you say yes, I will spend the rest of my life making it up to you. Will you marry me?"

The crowd was still silent as they waited. There were more than 500 people around us but they the two of us zoned them out. We were only focused on each other.

"Yes!" She finally said.

The crowd erupted in cheers.

I slipped the ring through her left ring finger. Standing up, I pulled her into my arms and spun her around. I enjoyed the way she laughed and used this opportunity to kiss her.

Everyone was smiling and I could feel my fiancee smiling, too. The happiness that bubbled within me was too much to handle and my face hurt from the big smile that was on my face.

Someone tapped on my shoulder and I turned around to see my family standing there with similar loving smiles on their faces.

"Mom!" I said. "Carly said yes!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~