Chapter 19

I Hate That I Love You

Chapter 19

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Carly's POV

"So, why were you at the Superior Court?" I asked Riley.

"Thought I'd drop by and see how it went." he replied but he kept his eyes straight forward and focused on the road before him. His face was hard as if he was in deep thought.

"Oh. Well, that girl was Blake's ex girlfriend. I guess she's a drug addict now. Isn't that crazy? What a small world." I said.

Riley didn't say anything. He just pressed on the gas more and we sped through traffic like a maniac on the run from the cops.

It suddenly dawned on me that we never resolved the argument we had with Blake the the other. I'd be furious and I can tell that Riley still was. I hope he wouldn't do anything drastic...

I was relieved when I saw my street up ahead but my heart stopped when he didn't turn.

"Riley, you passed my street." I said.

"I just have to get something." was all Riley said.

"Well, can't you drop me off? I live right there." I tried to not sound so annoyed and angry. "I really want to go lay down."

The first expression broke Riley's stone face. He smiled and it wasn't his normal smile, it was sort of secretive and in a way, creepy and I got chills.

"Funny you say that." he said.

"Why?" I started to panic.

Something felt off about him and it was starting to freak me out. I reached down and put my purse on my lap and started to frantically search for my phone. Before I could grab it, the purse was taken from my hands and was thrown out the window.

"Riley! What the hell are you doing? What's going on?!" I demanded.

His face was back to a blank stare and he didn't say anything for a long time. We finally reached a destination and it wasn't a pretty one. It was an old beat up apartment building and it was located in an unknown part of town. It looked empty, dirty, and abandoned.

Now, I was freaking the fuck out.

I was so terrified and was shaking in fear. I couldn't say anything. You'd think that when you're faced in a situation like this, that you'd scream bloody murder but you're so deep in shock that you're paralyzed.

I froze when Riley put a hand on my mouth and another on my belly. He pulled me over to his seat and dragged me out of the car. I suddenly felt even more light headed as the panic attack tried to consume me but I fought the urge to faint and stay concious.

The next time I opened my eyes, I found myself sitting on a flithy couch. I tried to move but I felt a tightness around my wrists and ankles. I was tied up. I forced myself not to cry and blinked away the tears.

I looked around. I was alone. Except for the couch, a rug, and a wooden table, the small apartment was empty. I squinted my eyes to try and form the objects on the table. Orange pill cases, bulky paper bags, little plastic bags were filled with white powder and green buds of marijuana.

What the hell?

"Want some?"

I jumped at the voice I wasn't expecting. Riley Sherman stood by a door, leaning up against it. Even from where I was sitting, I could see his red, glazed eyes. He was high. On what? I don't know. Probably everything that was displayed on the table right now.