Chapter 4

I Hate That I Love You

Chapter 4

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Carly's POV

"Excuse me?" I choked out.

"I didn't stutter, Carly." Blair rolled her eyes. "There's enough room, there are three bedrooms. Plus Blake needs a roommate to help pay the rent and since you're here every day anyways, might as well live here."

It would be hard having a wall separate us but living under the same room was better than living buildings apart. I, of course, wanted nothing more than to be Blake Bradley's roommate.

"If you leave, there won't even be a reason for Carly to come over." Blake said icily.

"Yeah, sure, I'M the reason." Sarcasm dripped from her statement and I blushed. Blair was my best friend, I loved spending time with her. Seeing and being with Blake was just a plus. "Look, I'm not going to make you two do anything you don't want to. I just thought it was smart suggestion." Blair continued.

I didn't know what to say. It made sense though, what Blair said, but I know that hell would have to freeze over for Blake to accept living with me.

I needed to back off or just stop going after him all together. All I ever do is annoy Blake and that just pushes him even farther away and I didn't want that. If he doesn't love me the way I love him, he should at least love me as a friend. I'll take that over nothing at all.

If space was what I think would be best for Blake and I, then space is what I'll give him.

"It's okay, Carly. I like living in my dorm." I lied.

Blair raised her eyebrow at me. "Well, Aiden and I are going to spend the day at Santa Monica. You two can stay here and talk about it." she said.

Blake slammed his fists on the wooden table. I jumped from being startled. "Dammit, there's nothing to talk about, she said she likes how things are now. Don't tell me who to live with, B." he said with a scowl.

"I don't like your attitude."

"I don't like your bossiness."

"Son of a ---"

"We're gonna go now. Bye." Aiden suddenly said.

Not even finishing their breakfast, Aiden ignored Blair's protests as he grabbed her hand and dragged her out of the front door.

Now I was all alone with Blake Bradley and I was feeling like a nervous wreck.

It was quiet for a moment. I heard the clock ticking nearby. It was so quiet that I can hear an ant blink. I shifted uncomfortably in my seat, not sure if I should start a conversation or leave.

Finally, Blake broke the tension. "Did you tell her to say that?" he said.

I was shocked at his accusation and glared at him. "You think I planned this?" I asked him and he nodded. "Well I didn't." I spat out.

I felt irritated and I just knew an argument was about to happen, like it always does. That's just how it was between Blake Bradley and I. We fight, we argue, we disagree. It's always been like that and it's always going to be that way.

So, I stood up and cleared the table. I took Blake's untouched breakfast right under him and put all the cleared plates stacked up by the sink.

When I was done, I noticed that he hadn't moved an inch. He was still seated on his corner, watching my every move. I felt self conscious and tugged my rugged UCLA shirt lower over my jean shorts.