The Diviners

Image to the right is the best representation of Xander with his wings and sword.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Xander's P.O.V.

I gaped at the immense power that was coming from the portals. The first of the diviners were arriving already. They wore dark cloaks that had different symbols on them; they also had a number of weapons on them, ranging from a simple noose to a giant executioner ax. I gulped as I realized that Mortem's comrades had shown up.  Another set of portals brought diviners dressed in medical gowns, with a multiple range of doctor's tools; including knives, bandages and even clear bags with fluid in them (IV's). The next portal brought diviners dressed in lightly colored clothes, carrying unusual weapons with them. The last one brought a mixture of diviners, diviners that had a very interesting variety in colors; one diviner had purple skin but was dressed in a bright orange toga, another had cat ears and eyes but a dog's tail. These were the ones that would only answer to the horn of power, and the diviner wielding it. A tap on my shoulder brought me back to the present. "It is time to get your armor on Xander,"Mortem told me gravely. I nodded and followed him towards the armory. A sharp pain in my shoulders brought me down to my knees. Mortem smirked and helped me stand. "What the hell just happened?"I asked.  He nodded towards my back and I reached behind me. I pulled my hand back quickly as I felt a pair of wings. Mortem's grin seemed to stretch across his face, only stopping when it seemed like it was going to fall off. "It was my gift to Hunt, for his 100th birthday, I think,"Mortem said. I rolled my eyes and continued on towards the armory. I went inside and started strapping all sorts of armor to my body. Finally, after much cursing and struggling I was done with the armor part; I walked over to the weapons vault to figure out what I was going to use.  A huge sword and a longbow seemed to draw me near. I picked the up and strapped those on as well. It was difficult getting the quiver to fit between my wings but it could be done. I also grabbed 13 throwing knives. I was ready for war.