Journey through Infernum

Xander's P.O.V.

-----------------------

Dator looked uneasy as we traveled through the jungle. She glanced at me then glanced behind her, as though waiting for someone, or something, to pop out and attack us. I readjusted my pack as I was walking. She was making me nervous with all her uneasy glances. "You need to stop looking around and focus on where we are going. Dator. Dator are you listening to me," I practically shouted to her. She jumped in surprise and started walking again. We reached the point where the edge of the forest was. I was suddenly frightened. What was I was going to see out there?? Dator grabbed my hand and I was suddenly soothed. I broke through the leaves, into a whole new world. The dirt was dry and dusty. What plants grew here were scraggly and dead-looking. There seemed to be no animals; well at least none that I could see. Tears sprung in my eyes and slid down my cheeks. I remembered all the stories, ranging from machines that flew to machines that told you where you were or are at. Now it was a barren wasteland, and all the humans were either dead or hiding in various sanctuaries, like our jungle. Dator grabbed my hand we continued on our way. As we passed a shell of a machine, it roared to life. I jumped and hid behind Dator. She smiled and gestured that we should get in. I carefully opened a door and screamed as a skeleton tumbled out. I touched it and images flashed in my head.  Creatures the size of rhino's attacked the car. The lady screamed and hit the lock's. They broke through the windows and bit at her. She shrieked but eventually the loss of blood made her pass out. I could feel her life force leaving her and then finally she died.

-------------------

I opened my eyes to see Dator leaning over me. She was speaking but I couldn't hear the words.  I took a breath and passed out.