Chapter 14

Ram had been awake for a while and was looking out of the door and watching Tashi sleeping. Fergox’s arm was around her waist and she hadn’t done anything to prevent it.

She sighed and slowly opened her eyes. She sat up and ran her hands through her hair. Then she got up and went to the balcony windows and pulled open the curtains.  She stretched her arms out and the sun’s rays shined down on her body. She closed her eyes and took in the warmth and comfort.

Ram was enjoying watching this, when Fergox came and wrapped his arms around her waist and rested his head on her shoulder.

Tashi laughed. “When did you wake up?” she asked.

“A minute ago,” he said and kissed her neck.

“So,” she said turning around in Fergox’s arms. “What are we going to be doing today?”

“Hmm. I don’t know,” he said. “Why don’t you get changed and then we’ll decide together,” Fergox said and moved towards her lips.

“Alright,” Tashi said and moved out of his arms before he could kiss her.

“I’ll go and get some clothes for you,” Fergox said, annoyed. “You should freshen up in the bathroom,” he said and left the room.

Ram turned around and woke up his friends.

“Tashi’s coming in the bathroom. We have to hide,” Ram said.

“No, we don’t,” Jon said. “When she comes in, kiss her.”

“Yeah,” Daniel said.

“Okay,” Ram said.

Ram looked out the door and saw Tashi walking towards him. She opened the door and her eyes widened with shock. Her mouth opened slightly and Ram thought she was going to scream. Before she could, Ram stepped towards her and kissed her lips. They were warm and soft and Ram could feel Tashi kissing him back. Ram felt Tashi’s hands around his neck and deepened the kiss. After a second, Tashi pulled back.

“Ram,” she breathed.

“Tashi,” he said, slightly breathless and stroked her cheek lightly with the back of his hand.

“Ram, you didn’t have to kiss me. I wasn’t under Tom’s spell. I don’t love Fergox and I haven’t forgotten you,” she explained.

“How?” Lucas asked.

“I don’t know,” she replied. “But I know that I have to carry on pretending that I love him.” Before Ram protested, Tashi interrupted. “It’s the only way to get you out safely.”

“What do you mean ‘you’, you’re coming with us,” Ram said.

Tashi shook her head. “I... I can’t come with you. Fergox won’t let me out of his sight. I know he won’t. It’s better if you go without me. I’ll make a distraction very soon and then you can escape. There’s no hope for me,” Tashi.

“NO!” All the men said together.

“We’re not leaving you,” Jon said.

“We’ll all escape together,” Daniel said.

“It won’t work,” Tashi protested.

“Yes it will,” Lucas said.

“Okay. If you really believe this will work, then I’ll come with you,” Tashi said. “I also have a plan.”

“Really?” Ram said, excitedly.

“Yes. I’ll explain the whole thing later, but the first thing that you have to do is make sure that Fergox introduces me to you. So try to come up to us while, we’re alone and then he’ll have to introduce us. Then he has to see you kissing me and he’ll think that I’m in love with you as well as him. He’ll also think that you can control me,” Tashi said.