Chapter 1

Hey everyone!

Here's another story that I realised that I had. Again, I wrote it a LONG time ago so it won't be very good but I want to see what you all think of it.

THANK YOU AGAIN TO miracleevers18 FOR THE AMAZING COVER! :D

Please read, enjoy, vote, comment, tweet, like etc!

Trinity ♥

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Fourth Princess of the Blue Crescent Islands has to perform 22 rituals every day from the moment she wakes up, till the time she goes to sleep. These include getting out on the right side of her bed, bowing to the sun, having her hair groomed with a gold-plated comb by the Mistress of the Royal Chamber, and–

Princess Tashiko paused. What have I forgotten? I know there’s something else I have to–

“Princess Tashiko?” her Mistress of the Royal Chamber said, interrupting Tashi’s thoughts.

“Your Royal hand bowl.” The Mistress held out a silver bowl with crystal clear water inside.

She dipped her hands into the lukewarm water. She had to do this every day to pry off any evil spirits that might have been cast during the night. Her hands were then wiped with a new silk hand towel. Tashi knew that soon, this towel would be burned soon and that she would have a new one tomorrow, so that any evil spirits that might have been on her hands will never return again.

Three maids entered the room and started removing Tashi’s night robes. Tashi sighed. She would have to wear another robe which was much too large for her and never flattered her body. She didn’t think she had a flattering body, but she knew she would never find out. One of the rules of being a Princess of the Blue Crescent Islands was that she wore a highly decorated robe and that she couldn’t expose any of her skin apart from her face and hands. She had one thing to be grateful for though. Today her maids had picked her favourite robe. It was made of gold thread with rich greens, reds, yellows and oranges in it. All over the top layer there were dragonflies. Tashi loved all animals no matter if they crawled or slithered, she loved them all. She enjoyed wearing this robe in particular as dragonflies were her favourite animals; this robe was also the smallest of all her robes so it fit her better than any of the others.

Now that she was clothed properly, her maids started painting white make-up on her face. Tashi thought that wearing ghostly white make-up was ridiculous but she could not object. She closed her eyes and let her maids continue with their work. She felt a brush move across her dainty lips and knew her maids were painting them a shocking shade of scarlet. She sighed, but kept her eyes closed. When she opened her eyes, she gasped. Tashi was staring at a woman with exquisite robes on, a paper white face with blood red lips and a golden sheen of hair across her back. It took Tashi a minute to realise she was staring at herself. She had never been allowed to see her reflection in a mirror before. Why am I looking at myself now? She thought.

Tashi was the Fourth Princess of the Blue Crescent Islands. She was the Princess of the smallest of the Four Islands. Tashi was the Princess of Kai. She had followed this routine for almost four years now and never had the rules changed. She remembered when she had been chosen to become The Fourth Princess of the Blue Crescent Islands. She had fainted into her uncle’s arms and hadn’t woken up for three days. She thought it was abominable that a girl as young as twelve had been chosen as the next Princess. Tashi was the niece of a farmer and couldn’t believe what had happened to her. The Princesses had always been chosen from Royal families so she couldn’t think why she had been chosen. She was scared and she didn’t want to leave her family and never see them again. After considering all the options, Tashi decided to go. Her family would be better off and her father and mother would have wanted her to have the best life she could have if they were alive. So she left her uncle and her older brother and went to become a Princess.

Tashi fought back a tear as she knew it would ruin her make-up. She hadn’t seen her uncle or her brother since that day she had left them. She had been taught to speak and act like royalty since the day she accepted and now she wished she hadn’t. She was tired of the same tedious routine day in day out and now it was too late to turn back. If she quit now the Goddess would surely punish her for abandoning her people. The people of Kai trusted her and she couldn’t give up no matter how tedious her life got.  Little did she know that the life she was leading was much better, compared to the life she was about to get. She got up, left her chamber and went to the dining hall for her breakfast.

***

Crouching near the shrubbery, Ramsil raised his bow and arrow. Leap, his stallion clicked her hooves impatiently. Ramsil laughed under his breath. Leap was always impatient and she knew that her master didn’t have the heart to kill any animal.

She’s probably waiting for me to miss so that she can get back to her comfortable stable, thought Ramsil. Ramsil laughed quietly again and focused on the magnificent deer that was drinking from the stream across from Ramsil. Ram closed one eye and aimed at the deer’s heart; he breathed in and released the arrow. It soared passed the deer and plunged into the bark of a very old and glorious tree. The deer startled by where the arrow came from, fled north through the trees.

Ramsil started to breathe again. He hadn’t noticed that he was still holding his breath. He slung the bow and bag of arrows over his back and climbed on Leap’s back. Leap set off through the forest, she flashed past masses of acres of trees. Ramsil whooped out loud. He loved riding Leap at this speed. This was the life.

As the castle loomed into view Ramsil stroked Leap’s mane to slow her down. Leap was ahead of him. She had already started to slow down. She had been riding with Ramsil since they were both very small. Leap slowly trotted to her stable. Ramsil jumped off her back and gave her some food and water. When he was about to start grooming her, a Gerfalian guard came to Prince Ramsil.

“Your Highness,” he said with a bow. “His Royal Majesty the king would like to see you immediately.”

“Of course, tell him I will be no longer than a minute.” Ram said politely.

“Yes, your Highness,” the guard bowed again and left the stables.

Ramsil stroked Leap’s nose. “I wonder what he wants, Leap?” he said quietly. “Whatever it is, I’m sure it’s not going to be good.” He heaved a sigh. “Oh well. I’ll just have to wait and find out.”