Chapter 13

“NO!” Ram growled in the bathroom. He moved towards the door but his friends held him back.

“No Ram! Don’t!” Daniel tried to reason with him.

“Tashi wouldn’t have wanted this, Ram,” Jon said.

There was a long pause and then Ram slowly relaxed. “You’re right.”

Then they all through the slightly open door to see what was happening.

***

“NO!” Tashi screamed. “I will never love you! Never! I will hate you for the rest of my life. I will hate you even after a die. I’d rather die than ever love you!” Tashi declared.

“Tashi, my love, you haven’t even heard the best news,” Fergox said, smiling evilly. “You’ll do whatever I tell you to and you won’t be able to disobey,” he said, laughing. “Tom, what do you need?” Fergox asked.

“To make a woman fall in love with a man, the woman must possess an item that belongs to the man,” he said.

“So she needs to be wearing something that belongs to me,” Fergox said.

***

Ram laughed under his breath.

“What’s so funny?” Lucas asked.

“He said that the woman has to be wearing something that belongs to the man. Tashi’s wearing my necklace,” he said smiling.

Then Ram focused on what was happening outside.

***

Fergox took one of his rings off and put in on Tashi’s wedding finger. He kissed it and then kissed both her cheeks. Tears rolled down her cheeks.

Tom walked over to the bed and hovered his hand up and down Tashi’s body. He recited a Latin incantation and pink smoke billowed around her body. Then all of the smoke went inside her body. She sighed and breathed out a puff of pink smoke. Her body jerked violently and the ropes broke from her hands and feet.

“Something’s wrong,” Tom said.

“WHAT?!” Fergox shouted.

“This isn’t supposed to happen,” Tom explained. “She’s wearing something that belongs to another man.”

“What is it?” Fergox asked, annoyed.

“It’s the necklace. Try to take it off,” Tom said.

Fergox walked to the bed. As soon as he touched the necklace, he jerked his hand back. It was burning, but it didn’t seem to harm Tashi at all. Abruptly her body fell still.