20

It didn't take long for Sera to reach below the plate where the slums are located, getting off from the train station where the only person there was a man who was about to get on the train. She made her way around her slums, seeing the buildings around her constructed from scavenged pieces of metal and wood, and other buildings that looked old and rusted. And compared to the brand new clothing the citizens wore above the plate, the residents clothing looked worn and second handed. As Sera made her way through what she saw was the marketplace, she heard a cheery girl's voice talking to someone.

"Thank you, Zack! I'll always wear it from now on!"

'Zack?' Wondering if it was the same person she was looking for, she followed the voice and turned a corner to find the person she was looking for together with a girl wearing a blue sleeveless dress embroidered with flowers, a pink ribbon tied on top of her auburn hair which was done in a braid. They were standing in front of a trailer shop selling various trinkets. The girl was touching the ribbon on her hair, and Sera concluded that Zack must've bought it for her as a gift. Leaning against a wall out of sight, Sera continued to watch the two interact in interest.

"Hey, do you still have time?" The girl asked.

"I guess so, why?" Zack asked.

"Why don't we go to the park?"

"Whoa, that sounds like a date!" Sera saw Zack cheered and she smirked. 'Eager much?' She decided to make herself known then.

"I see you're enjoying yourself after falling from a hundred feet."

Both Zack and the girl turned around in surprise at the voice to see Sera walking towards them, a hand on her hip. "And here I was worried if you broke your neck from the fall," Sera commented.

"Oh hey Sera, yeah I'm alright as you can see," Zack gestured to the girl afterward. "You can thank her for that. This is Aerith, she was the one who saved me." Sera turned her sights towards the girl, her interest peaked at his statement and she saw the girl blush a bit before shaking her head.

"I didn't do anything. He just fell from the sky into the church where I was at. I just said 'hell-lloo' and he woke up," Aerith explained and Sera nodded, accepting the explanation. "Um, are you...his girlfriend?" Aerith asked timidly, her emerald green eyes looking troubled.

"Is that how we look like?" "Absolutely not."

Zack and Sera spoke at the same time before Zack turned to her with a pout at her flat answer. "Sorry Zack, but I seriously cannot see myself as your girlfriend. You're too hyper for my taste."

"So cruel, Sera~"

Aerith giggled at the exchange between them, and Sera could see the relief on the brown-haired girl's features. Her brow quirked up in interest. 'So she likes him? Now that's fast. They've only just met.' Sera thought, a small smirk on her lips. This would be interesting to see.

"Well then, Zack, Aerith," Sera nodded to the two possible lovers. "Seeing as you are alright, and in the middle of your date," she smirked when she saw the two of the blushing lightly when she said 'date'. "I will be leaving now. Zack, I'll let them know you're alive so make sure you get back when you're done with your date. Treat that girl well, would you?" And with that Sera walked off, waving a hand in goodbye towards them as she left, heading back the way she came.

--------------------- Shinra Headquarters ---------------------

Sera was back at the training room, about to start a simulation when she received a call.

Genesis was attacking again.

Hanging up after the call, Sera hurried towards Lazard's office, along with Sephiroth who met up with her, but the director was nowhere to be seen. Sera turned to look out the window to see the city was filled with machines and Genesis copies once again, attacking the Turks and SOLDIER members as well as the infantrymen. Sera turned to see Sephiroth calling Zack, informing him of the situation and ordering him to return. 'Looks like the date's been canceled.' She pitied Zack. She turned back to the window.