5

The interior of the temple was made almost entirely out of wood with the exception of metal supports at several places and the center of the temple floor being made of colored stone to form a symbol. There was a gong at the far end of the room and high above was a dome-shaped ceiling with the center of it having some kind of trapdoor.

As Zack moved in towards the center to take a closer look, Sera heard a creaking sound and she looked up to see the door above shaking.

"Zack, get back!"

Sera's warning and the sight of dust falling to the ground were all Zack needed to move back quickly as the large door on the ceiling busted open, revealing two massive ogre like monsters as they fell to the ground before them, one wielding an axe and the other a cleaver.

"They must be the anti-SOLDIER monsters Angeal warned us about. Sera! You take down the one with the cleaver! I'll handle the one with the axe!"

Sera nodded and with that, the two SOLDIER members rushed in to attack. As Sera dodged the cleaver coming her way, she mumbled a few words under her breath and she stretched out her hand, an orange glow emitting from it.

Unlike other SOLDIER members who required materia to cast spells, Sera required none to use her magic. The first time she casted a spell without a materia orb she was astounded, along with several of Shinra's higher-ups and SOLDIERs who saw it. Angeal, Genesis, and Sephiroth being among them. Interest regarding her and her unique ability began to rise and the company began to search for information about her and her lineage. But nothing was found, not even she herself knew where she inherited this ability from as she had no memories of her past before Sephiroth had found her. It was then that they speculated that she could possibly be a Cetra, or known as Ancients, an ancient civilization which was said to be spiritually connected to the Planet, granting them supernatural abilities.

And it was due to this ability that she was recruited into SOLDIER, though the reason was kept hidden from all but those who did not already know for the purpose of keeping it away from the public. She was to only use it when she had no intention of letting her opponent live.

It was her trump card.

She swung her hand towards the monster as bursts of fire flew out, most of them hitting the monster head-on as it roared in pain, certain areas of its body covered in burns from the attack, but it did not look deterred, just angered.

"You're stronger than I thought," Sera smirked. "That's good. Makes things a little more interesting." She dashed forward to land several deep cuts on the creature with her sword, the monster roaring once more as it struggled to catch her but its massive size made it slow and easy for her to attack.

Once more, she began to mutter a certain set of words under her breath and snakes of water began to appear swirling around her sword, another set of different later and the water caged blade began to crackle with sparks of lightning.

Her grin was almost bloodthirsty. It was her favorite combination. "Let's see you handle this!"

Lunging forward, she swung her sword at the monster, her blade acting as a conduit as the spell combination hit the monster with deadly accuracy. Unable to handle the raw power of combination, the monster roared loudly as it was struck before it fell to the ground, defeated.

Letting out a huff at the now dead creature, Sera turned to observe Zack's battle in case he needed any assistance. But then Zack swung his sword once more and the monster wielding the axe fell, and she saw its body was littered with deep cuts with parts of it blue and covered in frost, indicating his frequent use of the Blizzard materia.

Sera was now quite impressed. The massive ogre he fought against was not just some low ranked monster. And he defeated it without any assistance. 'He might just make 1st after all.'