Prologue

My name is Sera. Last name unknown.

The clashing of swords resounded as they blocked and struck.

A SOLDIER 2nd Class and the first and only female to have been accepted into the

Shinra SOLDIER program.

Heavy breathing escaped a pair of lips as a person backflipped, avoiding several strikes sent her way before dashing forward to strike.

Being the only student of Sephiroth, Shinra's war hero, a lot of expectations has been placed on me. And as the one chosen by him personally, I was either the center of attention and admiration... or the receiver of fear and jealousy.

"THUNDAGA!"

Gigantic bolts of lightning appeared at the call and they struck down at the ground where the opponent stood. Bright light and aftershocks appeared as soon it struck and the caster stood firmly lest she was swept away. A cloud of dust appeared when it ended and she guarded herself, knowing he would not be brought down that easily but she at least hoped it did its damage. When the cloud dissipated, the figure was still standing, green cat-like eyes glowing beneath the long strands of silver, a smirk on his angular face. A frustrated 'tch' was heard at the complete lack of damage on his person and she switched to long range, firing at the person before her.

I respected Sephiroth, sometimes admired him. He was my mentor, my savior, and at times I even see him as an odd sort of father figure.

But something about him does not sit well with me, so I kept my distance.

It did not take long for the distance to close between them and she switched to close range as the battle continued, swords clashing once more as they blocked and counter each strike. Swords met each other with a harsh clang, their faces close together, one with a look of concentration and some frustration and the other with a look of emotionless arrogance.

It was only matter of time before one of them got the upper hand.

I grew up alone, having had no friends in all my years at this organization that I was raised in, only getting along well with few of the Turks, Director Lazard, Angeal, Genesis and Sephiroth.

I became cold, heartless even, taking on much of my mentor's personality due to my treatment by Shinra's military personnel. Only opening up to those I get along with but those moments were few and far in between.

It was becoming a losing battle now, only able to defend herself as she tried to block or dodge each strike ruthlessly sent her way, feeling the strain placed on her stamina as she blocked his next strike, sword shaking as the pressure increase. As she tried to pivot the blade, she mistakenly left herself wide open, allowing him to strike.

Her sword flew from her grasp as she was struck, sending her crashing into the wall with a pained grunt.

I was Shinra's perfect weapon, second to my mentor. Able to complete my missions with quick efficiency and record time. 'The hero's legacy' or 'The second coming of Sephiroth' was what they would 'affectionately' call me.

I loathed it, but they were generous enough to allow me to live here, and my life was not so horrid thanks to the people I cared about here, so I did not disobey.

He walked towards slowly and she struggled to get up from the rubble, but the length of the battle and the wounds took a toll on her and she found herself unable to move.

But if there ever come a time when I was given a choice, when I would have to choose a side... when the people I've grown to care for are being threatened by the very ones I worked under...

He raised his sword towards her, the blade inches from her chest and she forced her eyes open to glare at him only to received a cold smirk.

I will leave it all behind with no regrets...

Without warning the blade plunged itself into her and she screamed.

Everything went dark.