19

Sera and Zack chased after Hollander as he ran from them, unlocking the same door that they had went through earlier but instead, with the number 4 in the center.

They saw Hollander went in. "He won't get away! Not before he tells us where Angeal is!" Zack proclaimed as the two made their way inside as well.

Sera and Zack continued to chase after him. They would have caught up to him soon enough if they weren't constantly confronted by multiple copies and mutated monsters, but with the two of them together, Sera and Zack swiftly took down those obstructing their path and they eventually caught up to him once more.

"You can't run from us forever Holla- Shit!" Zack cried out, once again being stopped by the three large robots coming towards them. "Damn you! Stop meddling in our affairs!" Sera and Zack quickly destroyed the machines before them before running after Hollander once more. Sera quickly grew frustrated at the chase, and quickly took her gun and shot at the floor where Hollander was running towards, causing the scientist to trip in surprise and fell to the floor. He tried to crawl away but froze when Sera aimed her gun at him.

"One more move, and I'll put a bullet through your head faster than you could blink," Sera snarled viciously, face contorting into a look of pure rage as she and Zack slowly closed the distance. "You and those stupid scientists from Shinra... when are you going to learn to stop meddling with things that shouldn't be trifled with!" She yelled.

"Hollander, do you understand what you're doing?" Zack demanded, quickly standing in front of Sera before she could follow up on her words as he walked towards Hollander.

Hollander went running again and Zack made to grab him but stopped when a certain Buster Sword, along with its wielder, stopped him.

"Working for Hollander now?" Zack demanded, turning to look at Angeal. "What is it you're after?"

"World domination," was Angeal's answer.

"This is no time for stupid jokes, Angeal," Sera growled.

"Then how about... revenge?" He offered, pulling his sword away as he walked forwards.

"For what?" Zack demanded, but Sera pressed her lips into a thin line, knowing the answer. "Angeal!" Zack called out, demanding an answer when it came to him in the form of white wings coming out of his mentor's back. "Whoa..." Zack stepped back in shock.

"I've become...a monster," Angeal said, turning to face his old student and his newest one. "A monster's objective is usually world domination or revenge."

"You're wrong, Angeal," Sera stepped forward, having settled down from her anger as she spoke. "Neither you nor Genesis are monsters."

"Those aren't the wings of a monster," Zack added, coming forward as well.

"Well then, what are they?" Angeal gestured to his wings.

Zack stopped walking, stretching out his hand as a feather dropped down on it. "Angel's wings." 

"I see. Then what should an angel fight for, Zack, Sera?" Angeal demanded angrily. "What do angels dream of?"

He slammed the blade of his sword into the ground, stepping away from it as he walked towards Zack, who backed up slowly.

"Angeal..." Zack started.

"Angels dreamed of one thing..." Angeal told them.

"Please, tell me." Zack pleaded.

Angeal stopped. "To be human." He answered softly.

'Angeal,' Sera's eyes softened at his words, only for them to widened when Angeal suddenly came forward and punched Zack in the gut, throwing him and Zack fell on top of the grid. "Zack!"