Chapter 27

"She isn't drinking or eatin anything and wants to stay home from school.." Danny says to the doctor as though I couldn't speak for myself.

"Well let's weigh you.." The Doctor says walking over to the weigher.

I walk over and step onto it, I has lost about 4 pounds, "Well..this isn't good..but Rey's diagnosed with extreme depression..and it can take years to cure.."

I just let them do all the talking and then the Doctor writes me a note and sends us on our way.

•••

"Rey..you can't do this to yourself.." Danny says sadly, "Your killing yourself..it isn't healthy...I know you loved the boy but you don't have to break yourself down for him..." I just stare out the window as he blabs on and on.

"And..you aren't even listening.." He says irritatedly, "Danny..maybe you just need to stop worrying about it.." I say nonchalantly.

"Oh so now you want me to just forget about it?" He says getting angry. "I can take care of things myself! Once in while.." I say getting mad too.

"Obviously you can't..just because I let you pretty much do what ever the hell you want doesn't mean that I don't care for you.." He says turning the steering wheel and we pull into the pharmacy.

"And I'm not gonna let..some boy kill my sister.." He says getting out of the truck and slamming the door behind him.

•••

"How are you..?" Susan says as her and Jenny approach me at my locker, I just give them a doubtful look and shake my head.

"Well were here for you..anything you need." Jenny says putting her hand on my shoulder and we walk and talk to our next class.

•••

"Danny..." I say waking up in the middle of the night and go to his room like a little kid, "Huh..?" He says sleepily.

"Can I..sleep with you..tonight..?" I say shyly. He scoots over a bit and I climb into the bed.

"What's wrong? Bad dream?" He says making each word quieter. "Yeah.." I say turning over to were our backs our facing each other. "What happened?" He says still wanting to talk about it.

"I lost you too..Dan..I lost everyone.." I say closing my eyes and try to hide away the pain.

I was sick and tired of crying, it felt like that was all I did. But I was just to hurt to stop that from happening.

"I'm never gonna leave you.." Danny says pulling me around into him and wraps his arms around me.

We hadn't slept together in a long time, the last time was back when mom died. We'd both hand dreams about her that would make us sick.

"I'm sorry.." I say looking out his window as I hug him. "I'm sorry for being such a pain in the ass.." He pets my hair and chuckles under his breathe. "Nah kid..your not a pain..I'm just tryin to watch out for ya.."

I smile and watch as the moon shines through the window, "Now..go to sleep..we have to get up early tomorrow.." Danny says kissing me on the forehead and loosens his hold on me, I close my eyes and finally fall asleep.

•••

"Were going out tonight..you should come." Jenny says as we wait for the bell to ring for class to start.
"Yeah..I could use that.." I say laughing under my breathe and she grins at me widely.

•••

"To us..all the shit that we've been through in the past couple of weeks.." Susan says raising up her glass and takes a drink.

"So how are y'all..? What's been going on?" I say putting the bottle down and felt selfish for not even worrying about how they were doing.

"Well..We've been getting letters..the same stupid ones.." Susan says like it was normal. "What have they said?" I say questioningly.

"The same stuff..Were watching..blah blah blah.." I shake my head and take another sip of my beer.

"But tell us..about the trip!" Susan says trying to pump up the mood. "Oh it was good.." I say staring down at my drink in my hands.

"I'm sorry.." Susan says apologizing. "No..no it's okay." I say smiling back up at her, "it was amazing..actually.." Her eyes lighten up and she waits for me to say more.

•••

We all walk around town laughing and stumbling every now and then, as we walk down the street I could feel someone following us. Finally I glimpse over my shoulder and see four guys.

"We've got company.." I say whisperingly to Susan and Jenny. They both glance over and then we all move closer together.

"Hey ladies.." One of the guys says running infront of us and making us come to a stop, we all back up and bump into the other guys.

"We just wanna talk.." The guy says smirking at us, "I know you've been gettin our letters
..and now we need that little favor.." He says smiling at us and chuckles under his breathe.

•••

A/N

Please Comment. (Not you Crust)