Chapter 16

"I haven't been here since I was a kid!" I say to Dally, as we pull into the parking lot of the fair. "Well then I guess we'll just have to ride them all.." He says smirking at me and turns the steering wheel into the parking spot.

•••

We walk into the park and I was so amazed at everything, the big colorful bright lights from the rides to the carnies. Dally wraps his arm around me and smokes a cigarette. "So which one..?" He says staring at all the rides. I look around and try to find the scariest one, "That one!" I say pointing to a ride that read the Fire Ball. It had a huge crane like thing for the ride, which had seats at the bottom and it would swing you side ways and then upside down. Dally smirks really big and we head to the ride.

•••

We get strapped in and I get really excited, I turn and look at Dally and he looks a bit nervous. "It's okay.." I say chuckling. He turns to me and gives a slight smirk and them goes back to his nervous face. The ride starts and it's slow at first, just swinging back and forth, then it starts to pick up speed and starts going all the way around. I laugh and throw my hands in the air and let the ride lift me up a little bit out of my seat. I turn to look at Dally and he's holding tightly to the seat and sits very still. "Hey!" I yell to him, he turns to me and gives me a frightful look. I put my hand out for him and he takes it. I slowly raise up his arm with mine and he begins to laugh, "YEAH!" I say laughing and shout out into the air. He whoots and throws his hands up into the air and laughs every now and then. I turn to look at him one more time and he never looked happier.

•••

"What'd ya think..?" I say as we walk to another ride. "I dig it.." He says trying to play it cool, I chuckle under my breathe and just shake my head.

•••

We ride almost every single ride and the last ride we get on was the Ferris wheel. We get in and the ride starts, we stop at the very top and we could see all of Tulsa. "Wow.." I say amazed at the scene. "It's so beautiful.." Dally puts his arm behind my seat and I turn to look at him, he looked really attractive in the bright moonlight. His black hair looked blacker then ever and his cold eyes gleamed, I have to stop myself from staring at him and then turn back to look at the view. "I had fun.." He says after a while of silence. "Me too..I needed this.." I say still looking off into the distance. "Thank you.." I say turning back to him, he takes a bit to look back at me but he finally does and says, "No problem." We both stare at each other for a bit and we both automatically start to lean into each other. "I love you.." He says as we get closer. "I love you too." I say closing my eyes and we fill the gap between our lips, and for the first time in a long time I actually felt happy.