Chapter 17

"And...Begin..." Mrs. Joy says for us to start our finals. I open the booklet and begin to read the first question. "Mrs. Joy.." The office lady says over the intercom, "Yes?" "Can I have Rey Wronkie please?" Everyone looks at me and I stand up and hand my test booklet to Mrs. Joy, she nods at me and I leave the classroom.

•••

I walk in and Susan, Jenny and Leanne all sit in the principals office. "In here.." The principal says navigating me to the seat next to Susan. "What's this about?" I say sitting down and give Leanne a rude look. "It seems that all of you girls have been keeping a secret...a girl reported that she saw all four of you coming into the school after hours and snooping around.." I instantly deny and say, "Why would we wanna come here after hours!? Were already here enough as it is." Susan calms me down and says, "Go on.." "Well the cash box that we have for homecoming had recently disappeared..and until one of you comes clean I'm gonna have to suspend each of you for three days.." Finally Susan jumps up and begins to scream in the Principals face, Jenny and me pull Susan back to sit. "I'm sorry..but I have no other choice.." The principal gives us a sorrowful look and dismisses us for the rest of the day.

•••

"You Son of a b.." I say grabbing Leanne by her jacket and throw her to the wall. "Calm down!" Susan says while her and Jenny hold me back, "We all know this is your fault! Wanting to get even with us!" I spit the words out . "I didn't do shit!" Leanne says trying to defend herself, "Then who did?" Jenny says cocking an eyebrow. " I don't know..but who ever did wants us out. She said a "girl" told her.." "I'm good!" I say pushing Susan and Jenny away to let go of me, "Yeah. And how do we know it wasn't you?" Susan says giving Leanne a hateful look. "Why would I get myself in trouble too!?" Leanne says getting angry "She does have a point.." Jenny says looking at me and Susan. "F*** her point. We all know it was her, it's always her.." I say pointing to Leanne and give her a disgusted look. "Fine don't believe me! Beat me to death for all I care. But there's somebody in there that wants us gone..and we need to find out who. I'm not saying we need to be all besties again but we need to find out who did this." I stare at Leanne dead in the eye and then just walk off, "Wait! Rey!" Susan says yelling to me. "No. Susan. I'm not doing anything with that b****." I say lighting a cigarette and flip them off.

•••

"Dally here?" I say to Buck, "No. Left to the Dingo about a half an hour ago.." He says looking me up and down and then just shuts the door on me.

•••

"Well. Well. Well, look who's here.." Dally says stopping his game of pool and walks towards me with a big smirk on his face. "Surprise. Surprise." I say showing myself off and give him a kiss. "Hey Mikey! Bring another round." Dally says to the bartender. "So what are you doin out of school so early?" He says pulling me close to him, "Oh you know..got into some trouble and they kicked me out.." I say sarcastically , he shakes his head and just makes a clicking noise with his mouth. "Somebody's tryin to frame me...not just me but Susan, Jenny and...Leanne.." I say rolling my eyes at her name. "Leanne..?" He says cocking an eyebrow. "Yeah I know..." Right as I say that someone walks in. Dally looks up wide eyed and then his lips curl into a wicked grin. "Mr.Wronkie." Dally says shaking his head and I turn to look at my dad standing in the door frame of the Dingo.