Chapter 19

I lay staring up at my ceiling, the white wall glaring back at me. I was upset, I hated myself. Even though I felt relief at the same time. I felt like I was lying to myself about my dad leaving would be best for us. Apart of me wanted him to stay, to be happy and live with us again. But then my instincts would kick in and I'd now I was wrong. I felt like crying some more but I wasn't sure I was capable of doing the feeling anymore. I was tired of being tired, feeling hopeless and restless. I wanted to just be in a world where there wasn't any drama, where I could be free of everyone. I shake my head at the thought and roll over onto my side. I wanted to leave this town for a while, just let go. Maybe me and Dally could leave together, to somewhere we could get away from everything. I liked that thought, it made me cling onto the little bit of hope. I close my eyes and decide that I would leave, just me and Dally. We would be alone together, in some far away place. Just for a little while.

•••

"So..you wanna run away..?" Dally says smirking at me and cocks an eyebrow. "Yeah..just you and me. Just for a little while..until things cool off" I say nodding, he debates whether we should or not and then finally grins a wide grin. "Alright..when do we leave?" I smile at his response and hug him tightly, "Now.." I say grabbing his arm and lead him to his car.

•••

We drive down to the coast. We had been driving for about 3 hours, "You think Danny will be alright with this?" He says cocking an eyebrow at me. "I left a note..and anyway. He knows I can handle myself." I say looking straight forward, Dally chuckles under his breathe and grabs my hand. Holding it tightly, I turn to look at him as our hands hold each other and he looks at me. I felt warm and gushy inside, and butterflies were flying all around my stomach. I felt my face turn hot and I took a deep gulp. Dally grins at me and chuckles under his breathe. I snap out of my daze and stare back out the window as we hold hands.

•••

We make a stop to get a good nights sleep,We get our room and we both just plop onto the bed. "I'll drive in the morning.." I say beginning to close my eyes, "Okay.." He says in his low husky voice. "Dally.." I say before I fall asleep, "Huh...?" . "Thank you...for coming with me.." I roll over onto my side to lay my head on his chest, and he puts his arm around me. "No problem babe..no problem.." He says and then falls asleep. I listen to his heavy breathing and begin to doze off too.

•••

"Have you ever...gotten doped up?" Dally says while we play have you ever. "No." I say keeping my eye on the road, "Have you ever...got rejected..?" I say grinning at the question. "Yeah..but she wasn't even my type.." He says trying to play it cool. I chuckle under my breathe and wait for him to ask the next question, "Have you ever had sex?" He says playfully. I tighten my grip on the stirring wheel and swallow hard. I was embarrassed that he asked me that question and that the answer was no. "No..." I say nonchalantly, "No. your lying.." He says chuckling under his breathe. I just shake my head and he finally realizes I was telling the truth. We sit in silence for a bit and finally he says something, "You know I just thought..a girl as good looking as you, would of gotten banged by now.." He says tensely. I stare straight out the dash and then try my hardest to not sound embarrassed, "Well I had plenty of times to do it..but I never wanted too..none of the guys I was ever with..I never actually really loved.." I see him stare at me in the corner of my eye and he takes a deep swallow. "Yes. I would have sex with you.." I say before he can even ask the question. I turn to look at him and wink, he chuckles under his breathe and his lips turn into a wide grin.

•••

"Were here.." Dally says waking me up, I jump up and look out the window and see the beach waves, waving onto the sand. We park the car into the beach parking lot, "Wow..." I say getting out of the car and watch the beautiful seen. "Come on!" I shout to Dally and grab his arm and run down to the beach.

•••

We end up sitting along the wave line and just watch as the waves almost touch us. "This is so unreal.." I say letting the water touch my fingertips. "I haven't been to the beach since I was a kid.." Dally says admiring the ocean. "We should get a room..huh.." I say not wanting to leave the beautiful place. "Yeah.." He says sadly. "But we can come back tomorrow." I say enthusiastically, "Yeah. Tomorrow." He says smirking at me and we both get up and leave.