Chapter Fifteen - Red and Blue Make Purple

Very quick chapter so we can get to the next one and develop more plot

Yet again, I woke up of the sound of multiple bottles crashing on the ground violently, but this time my body wasn't in the warm embrace of my boyfriend Niall, but on the small daybed in my apartment.

"Sorry." Anna ran into my room with our old, may I mention broken, broom that she found in a trashcan outside of the building. Several strands of her hair were in a goopy blue mess on the top of her head, a few occasionally falling down to slap her in the face.

"You have hair dye?"

"Yeah, I thought it was time for a change, I need to stand out a little. Not all of us have a superstar boyfriend, you know. There's still blue and red left over in the bathroom if you want." 

"Cool." I yelled inaudibly, walking over to the counter to see what was left. 

Red and blue. Sitting there promptly on the counter, staring at me with it's bright assertiveness. I picked up both to examine then looked at each one carefully.

Red, looks nice, traditional, cute, surprising, warm, I was convinced red would look the best. I couldn't help to quietly whisper  "Liam."

Then you have blue, cool, unusual, passionate, loyal. "Niall," The word rolled off my tongue as I gazed at the bottle of blue hair dye. My heart twisted at the thoughts filling my head. I had to keep telling myself that I couldn't do what I was thinking the past few days, I was with Niall, Liam was with Danielle.

That's what's fair, we had our go of things in high school, now it was like a ship that had sailed to long and started to rot. And deep down I knew that I couldn't just toss away what Niall and I had. It wasn't fair to him.

I couldn't, and wouldn't, deny that there were underlying feelings for Liam, feelings that have probably been there all these years. At the same time though, I knew that I had strong feelings for Niall, feelings that were completely different from those of which I felt for Liam.

The red had made me think of Liam, it was a normal thing and it was like an old t-shirt. It enveloped you in it's familiarity and made you feel at ease.

Then the blue, spontaneous and surprising, exciting you with the new feeling like Niall. He was like buying a new dress, it made you feel like a new person and wrapped you in the newness.

I couldn't say that I didn't love Niall, because I did. I also couldn't say that I didn't have the same feelings for Liam, I did.

I didn't want to dedicate myself to either colour, it felt weird. When I thought about myself with red, I liked it, and I liked the thought of myself with blue as well.

I squirted the remainder of the red bottle into Anna's application bowl, starring at it longingly until I squirted the blue in with it.

I mixed them together, swirling the colours here and there until it formed a deep purple. I sectioned up a piece of my hair, grabbed an applicator and got to work.

Chapter dedication to @crazymofos__ because their comments made me laugh x

Dedication Question: What does everyone think of fireproof?