Chapter Fourteen - Bottle Cap

If you followed the time skips, it's been about a month, I wanted to clarify that, I don't think it was clear, oops.

I woke up to the sound of a glass bottle hitting the floor, shattering into small razor-edged pieces on the tile of the kitchen floor. I nudged Niall for him to go see who did it, but he just shifted to the side and mumbled something inaudible. Creeping out of the bed as slow as I could, I tried not to make too much noise, the bed getting higher from my absence.

"Hello?" I whispered out into the dark hallway, tip toeing my way into the dim kitchen.

A familiar voice called my name as soon as I turned the corner, "Erin!" he pinned me against the wall and smiled. His face got closer to me by the second and the smell of top shelf alcohol reeked in his breath, I soon began to realize that the culprit turned out to be Liam.

"Well youuu silly, kiss me alreadddy!" Two hands found their way to my waist and his face was now unbearably close.

"Woah, woah!" I said, slapping my hand over his mouth and pushing his lips away from mine slightly.

"Whaaat's wroong?" He asked, his muffled voice coming out as a slurred whine while his head lulled back slightly. Now I remember why I never went to parties with Liam, Jesus.

"I'm with Niall, remember? We broke up a very long time ago bud." I patted his shoulder and started picking the big pieces of glass off of the floor, plopping them into the trashcan one by one.

"Oh yeah, Niall." He looked at me with a sad smile, his eyes watering over like puppy eyes. He hugged me as tears dampened the back of my pajamas. I awkwardly patted his back while he got a good cry out, I'm not the best comforter. 

The mood quickly changed when I suggested that I make food for us two, he was all for it. Grilled cheese seemed like the best thing to make at one o'clock in the morning, so I just went with my gut. I sat Liam down at the table with a tall glass of water and quickly went to put the sandwiches onto the skillet.

"You. Are. So. Pretty. Your eyes! Have they always been... like.... tree colored?" He blurted out randomly, brushing a piece of hair out of my eyes, making me blush like an idiot. I turned my head so he couldn't see my cheeks turn into my own personal ovens.

"You're a dork." 

"That's what I was going for." He smirked at me, his usual uptight chuckle delightfully filling my ears. Under the table, his rough hands twisted a small purple bottle cap in his hand, the jagged edges making deep indentations in his hand.

After a while I finally realized what is was, and froze. "Why do you have that?" 

"You remember? Laaaadies and gentlemen the cat is out of the bag!" He stopped his mocking smirk to look up to me, his brown eyes meeting mine to make my heart turn into a stick, oozy mess. You're with Niall, I repeated in my head.  

You're with Niall.

You're with Niall.

You're with Niall.

"I gave that to you freshman year..." 

"Aaaat the tennis match, we were so in loooove. You said it's a reminder that whatever happens, wherever I am, wherever you are..." He nudged me and waggled his eyebrows, awaiting a answer, which of course I knew.

"Our hearts will always be one." I smiled and grabbed the bottle cap from his hands.

This is it.

Tell him how much you like Niall.

Throw the cap in the trash.

Spit in his face.

Call Dani and tell her about your rendezvous with Liam.

Get Niall to punch him in the face.

But for some reason, I couldn't do it; the only thing I could do it stare at him in awe. 

Before I could snap out of it, I felt my whole wold crashing down one-by-one, every wall of every building collapsing in my Niall loving heart. A system override, someone rewired her brain for that moment. Liam sitting there, looking at her like his life depended on the safety of her lips. 

Liam's kiss reminds me of a huge fluffy bed, with fresh linen and brand new pillows. So easy to get in, but almost impossible to get out of.

"I still love you, Erin." He whispered, before standing up and walking away. 

---

Sorry about the slooooow updates guys. I'm trying as hard as I can okie! :) (this chapter seems really bad to me, it's more of a filler soz.)

Question: Which cover was your favorite? I think I like the current one the best but I change it so often..