Chapter 7

Zayn's head was still at the steering wheel, and he was snoring. How the fuck were my hands around his waist?

Tears gathered around my eyes, there was no way in hell I was about to wake him now. If there was one thing I acknowledged very well about Zayn, it was that he was a very heavy sleeper.

Rationally thinking his parents were definitely going to hate me for the rest of my eternity if I disturbed them, and brought them away from guests to return his son home.

I'd drive but who the hell was going to carry him all the way to the passenger seat or the back seat?

Right Faye, I sucked in all the oxygen I could aka I breathed in and then exhaled. 

I crawled to the backseat, and gripped on his chest, then I pulled him with all my strength to the back seat.

My inner voice screamed at my stupidity, I was being irrationally a moron.

But I knew that after the conversation we just had this was definitely going to be the last time ever physically meeting him.

I was never going to be able to be goofy or myself around him, there would always be this barrier of awkward tension and social anxiety.

One last pull I promised myself, and he landed with his head on the seat and his legs on the floor.

Sweat was moisturising every inch of my body. 

I hopped off the back seat climbing on to the passenger seat, and roared the engine.

Driving the cadillac felt ecstatic, the cold wind brushing past my hair. I had a license since last year, but never actually bought a car convincing my parents that I'd buy one in my second year of university.

Mainly because in truth I never did mind riding the subway, I found it beautiful, observing every person riding on the subway, thinking how I only ever saw a tiny fragment of what they displayed, that I'd never know their back story.

I made a friend named Nicola on the subway, my first impression of her was that she was a college girl living on campus. 

It turned out that she was in fact a librarian who was saving up for college, quite intellect, I'd never seen anyone's face light up as much as hers did when she talked about missing her home country, India. And so I told her I was partially Pakistani and spoke fluent Urdu, and we got along quite well.

We arrived in their mansion and I pressed on the brakes and parked the car outside.

I hopped out of the driver's seat to the back seat, and opened the door as Zayn's eyelids slowly opened.

Tears again recollected around my eyes as I screamed at myself to get it together and stop acting so weak.

One last massage on his head as his eyelids shut again, and I rang the door bell.

Ameer opened the door wearing boxers and only boxers, I cocked an eyebrow, he took off his glasses and rubbed his eyes squealing "Faye!"

I cocked another eyebrow wondering why the high pitched tone till I heard Dina's voice "is it the pizza delivery man? Gosh I'm starving!"

He stammered "erm"

Dina appeared wearing a dazzling red nightgown, her eyes bulge open after seeing me and she stands behind him, her lips twitching, I can tell she's ashamed.

And it clicked.

"Well well well" I said smiling a very plastered smile "what do we have here?"