Chapter 41

Toxin was crying. He had been the day since the moment he woke up and found out his carrier was in a coma. It had been two days and the sparkling hasn't left the medical bed yet.

Soundwave was there, too. He was sitting in the chair across from the bed and asleep since late the previous night. He couldn't really sleep since his human was on death row and he missed her. He should have stayed with her when she went to find their youngest. Maybe he could have prevented any of this from happening to her. Luckily, it seemed like all the burns she had gotten had healed in the two days she's been in comatose. If she woke up, then Dorothy wouldn't have to worry about anything being damaged. Ratchet send that it was very uncertain what effects the Allspark-induced bomb could have had on her and the medic said all they could do was wait.

So everyone waited. Bumblebee and Barricade was sleeping in the medbay together since the scout had to get his own wounds fixed and they didn't want to be far from the woman. The kids were all hunkered down in one of the new hangars and not playing for once. Ravage was curled up in the corner of the room with Laserbeak and Buzzsaw hiding in the rafters. Frenzy and Rumble were sitting against the same wall that their old brother was and Ratbat was curled up on the cybertronian panther. Optimus and Ratchet were uncharacteristically over working themselves more than usual and Ironhide seemed to be holding in a lot of regret.

The little black and green sparkling was crying again, patting his carrier's slowly rising chest as he wanted her to wake up. He nuzzled her neck and tried to get her to wake up in the ways he knew how. Nuzzling her and patting her face or chest seemed to work pretty well for the little cassette, but this time didn't seem to do anything. Toxin looked at his carrier's face and sniffled quietly, hugging his carrier's face a bit and crying more. "Cah... Carri..." the little one sniffled and rubbed his face on her shoulder.

The woman exploded from the berth, knocking Toxin to the side a bit and almost throwing him off the bed. She was sitting up, eyes wide as she looked around and was panting heavily. She felt her face to realize that there was an air tube up her nose. She coughed and carefully pulled it out, having to yank out the end of the cord at the end and threw it aside. Her eyes were glowing blue for a bit before the light faded to her hazel eyes. Dorothy was up and very not dead as she was trying to regain her breath again.

Toxin, on the other hand, was a little disorientated on what just happened. He looked over at the woman and shocked out of his little processor. His carrier was alive. His carrier was alive! The little sparkling pushed himself up on his little legs, shaking a little before he clapped his servos together and hugged Dorothy's arm, squeaking and chirping. "Carri!" he cried, the only word he had ever said.

Dorothy looked at her arm, thinking it was Ratbat for had called for her, but she was surprised to see Toxin there. She smiled, taking him into her lap and hugging him tightly as she could without dented him inwards. "Toxin! My precious baby!" she yelled, beaming down at him and kissing the top of his helm. "I'm never letting you go ever again! I'm sorry that I got you caught in that explosion, baby!"

"Carri!" Toxin said again, happy too and making his mother stop for a second.

"Is... is that your first word?" the woman asked, smiling and gently holding his helm.

The sparkling giggled and rubbed his cheek into the palm of her hand, chirping a bit. "Carri."

The woman had tears in her eyes, which almost never happened. She picked up her child and nuzzled him to her face and was happy. Happy to be alive and she was happy that none of her friends seemed to have died during the mission. She looked up to see Soundwave sleeping in the chair in front of the bed and he was fast asleep. The woman chuckled and thought back to the dream she had. Her hand went to the back of her neck and felt a raised part of her skin that seemed to be the shape of a shattered piece of plate.