Chapter 21

Barricade was an emotional mess today and all he wanted to do was to sit and hold his new family forever.

Barricade and Bumblebee had the best vacation they could ever imagine for themselves. Lots of trails for driving and racing on. A lot of private land owned by the Witwickys' relatives, which meant places that Barricade and Bee didn't have to sleep in their vehicle modes at night. They got to cuddle and kiss and just be themselves around each other without the Autobots around. Luckily, Sam and the other humans haven't found out about their relationship yet, which was a good thing for know. Unfortunately, they never really had their first full on kiss yet because something always interrupted them. All in all, Barricade was being to think that the universe didn't want them to kiss at this point.

Barricade and his little lover were home for about five minutes before Optimus had called Bee about Dorothy being at base and having to use the med bay for something. That's when Barricade started to panic. He was gone for a week and something already went wrong without him here. So, he and Bee made their way over to the base, which was about thirty minutes away from Tranquility and Barricade decided to put on his sirens the entire way. The perks of being a police car, Dorothy would say.

Optimus was waiting just outside the Autobot hangar when Barricade and Bumblebee pulled up. The police car transformed and started to look around frantically for his human friend. The ex-Decepticon looked up at Optimus with worried optics. "What happened?" he asked, starting to demand some answers from the Autobot leader. "Where's Dorothy? Did Starscream attack her?"

"No, Dorothy is fine." Optimus reassured. "She is just in the med bay with Ratchet. They told me to comm you once you got back into California."

::What?:: Bee asked, looking over at the med bay hangar about fifty feet away from them. ::What did she need to do in the med bay? Are you sure someone didn't get hurt?::

"I think the only one hurt is Ironhide." Optimus commented, looking back at the grumpy weapons specialist, who was cleaning his guns and cannons. "She severely bruised the mech's pride two days ago and he had not quite recovered yet."

Barricade chuckled and looked over towards the medical hangar and started walking over. Bee was laughing as well and decided to follow Barricade before Ironhide knew they were there. He followed into the hangar behind Barricade and walked down the hall to the actually med bay, which was past the washracks. Bee froze for a moment, remembering how he was once in there scared out of his processor about being Barricade's boyfriend. But now he was so comfortable about it that he smiled the thoughts off and continued to follow the police car.

When Barricade walked into the med bay, there was Dorothy, sitting on the medical berth and perfectly fine. She was smirking up at him with a knowing look and Barricade smirked back. "You two enjoy your trip?" she asked, crossing her legs over each other as she sat on the edge of the berth. "Heard Oregon was beautiful this time of year."

::It was great!:: Bee called out, jumping forward and jumping up onto Barricade's back. The police car stumbled a bit, but laughed as he steadied himself from the added weight. ::We went racing on mountain trails and slept out in a meadow the whole time! My favorite part was cuddling.::

"Bee, shush!" Barricade scolded him, looking around worryingly. "We're supposed to keep that a secret."

::But Ratchet and Optimus technically already know.:: Bumblebee argued. ::The only one who doesn't know it Ironhide and he's all the way back in the main hangar.::

"That wasn't my point." Barricade glared at the younger mech. "I just don't want you shouting out to everyone in the Primus-forsaken base every five seconds. There are humans here, too."