Chapter 17

Minho was released in the morning. Minho smiled as Taemin pushed him into the house. "It's nice to be home."

Taemin nodded. He had been quiet since he woke up.

"Can you sit me on the couch?" Minho asked.

Taemin nodded and sat him on the couch.

Minho smiled at him. "Cuddle with me?"

Taemin nodded and cuddled with him. Minho smiled.

"I'll cook lunch." Key said.

Taemin was quiet still.

Minho frowned. "I love you so much. Please talk to me."

Taemin looked at him. "I love you too..."

Minho smiled.  "Can we go swimming later?"

Taemin looked at his hands. "I don't know."

"Please? The doctor said it's still good for me and the exercises he taught you to do." Minho said.

Taemin sighed. "I'm scared..."

"I'll have the life vest on. I can't go under." Minho said.

Taemin nodded. "Okay..."

Minho smiled.  "The doctor said you should do the workouts with me twice a day."

Taemin nodded. "Okay..."

"You should do it now." Minho said.

Taemin did the exercises. He was really careful.

Minho tried to move along. "We need to do this more often."

Taemin nodded. He became quiet again. Key came out with plates. Jonghyun smiled. Taemin stayed quiet. He curled up to Minho on the couch. Minho weakly wrapped his arms around Taemin and kissed him gently. Taemin looked at Minho and kissed back. He clung to Minho, being gentle.

Minho pulled away. "I love you. I know you're scared, but you don't have to be. I can get better still. It's just a setback, but I'll heal."

Taemin looked at his hands. "You might not heal all the way..." His voice was quiet.

"I know, but that's okay." Minho said. "I'll be okay."

Taemin looked at his hands still.

"Taemin, I don't want you to be upset." Minho said. "I want you to be happy and successful."

Taemin looked away. Minho could see a few tears fall down his face.

Minho reached up to his face and laid his hand on his cheek. His hand trembled as he used all his might to do the simple jester. "I love you. I'm happy when I'm with you."

Taemin cried harder. "I don't like seeing you like this. You're hurting so much because of me."

Minho frowned. "I'm sorry."

"Why are you sorry? You did nothing wrong."

"I'm sorry that you're hurting. I don't like seeing you so upset."

Taemin shook his head. "I'm sorry for ruining your life."

"No, you didn't ruin my life. I still have you."

Taemin cried harder. "Why are you so nice to me?" He curled up, hiding his face in his knees. "I don't deserve you."

"Yes, you do. You've been taking care of me. You have been so kind and helpful."

"But I let you get hurt even worse. You would have been able to play soccer longer if it wasn't for me." Taemin cried.

"Don't say that. I don't care about what happened. We're together now. I want you happy. Now let's eat."