15/ midnight kisses (gerard/fluff)

Word count: 973
Warnings: none
Pairing: Teenage!Gerard x Teenage!reader
Type: fluff
a/n I GOT TICKETS FOR THE FUCKING TWENTY ONE PILOTS TOUR. YEE BITCHES
-
Information for this chapter:
It's the end of the year. New Year's Eve.

-

You sat all alone by yourself, at home. You were listening to your favorite band while casually chilling on your bed. Your parents went out for dinner with their friends, and you didn't wanted to go. So, you had to celebrate the new year all by yourself. Alone.

At least that's what you thought.

It was currently 7pm. You were so bored and you didn't knew what to do. So, you texted your best friend, Gerard.

(You/Gerard)

[7:12] Hey
[7:12] Hey, what's up
[7:13] I'm so bored. My parents already left for dinner with their friends
[7:14] Didn't they wanted you there too or what
[7:16] No, they asked me but I prefer being alone than sitting at a table with people I don't even know. They are probably talking about things which are 100% not my interest, so what should I do there
[7:17] Yeah, guess I would have chose that too.. by the way, I'm home alone too.
[7:19] What's with your parents? And Mikes?
[7:20] Same thing with my parents, and Mikey is celebrating New Year's Eve with Ray I think
[7:20] Oh :(
[7:20] Yeah..
[7:28] Well do you wanna come over? Maybe? We could party together if you want
[7:28] I already thought you would never ask. I'll be there around 8
[7:30] Okay, see ya
[7:30] See ya

Thank god he's coming over. You thought to yourself. Over the years of being best friends with Gerard, you caught yourself having more feelings for Gerard. Strong feelings. But you didn't tell him, because you didn't know if he felt the same. And you didn't wanted to destroy the friendship. He was not only your best friend, he was also one of your only friends.

You got out of your bed smiling as you heard a knock on the door. As you opened the door, you were greeted by Gerard with a large bag full of snacks and movies in his arm.

"Hey Y/N" he smiled as he got in and hugged you.

You hugged him back.

"Hey Gee" you said, pulling him back.

"I brought us snacks, and i bought you Y/F/C (your favorite candy) too because I just know you would keep asking me if I had some all five minutes. Like last time. And I won't go out at 11pm just to buy a pack of candy" he told you, laughing at the end.

You laughed too.

"Thank you" you hugged him again.

You both walked into your room.

"So, I brought a few movies.. I mean, we still have like about 4 hours" he said to you while taking out all the candy out of the bag.

"Yeah, sure" you said.

You both then agreed to watch Y/F/M (your favorite movie).

You both sat on your bed, next to each other, your and his leg touching. And bags of candy everywhere. Watching the movie.

After a while, You both were half-laying and half-sitting on the bed. He shyly put his arm around you, and you laid your head on his chest out of reflex. You didn't even noticed that.

Further in the movie, you both cuddled up so close that there was literally no more space between you both. His and your arms wrapped around each other, your head on his chest, listening to his heart beat.

You felt your eyelids get heavy, and you soon fell asleep, Gerard following not to long after.

You were waken up by really sounds which seemed to come from outside. You and Gerard both woke up at the same time, scared as fuck since you but thought it was a gunshot.

But, then you realized it's New Year's Eve.

You quickly looked at your phone.

0:02 am

"Shit! Gee, we just missed the countdown!" You yelled.

He just started laughing.

Eventually, you both got up and started to run outside. Right as you sprinted through the door, you both were greeted by a lot of colorful fireworks all over the dark sky. It was so beautiful.

You both just stared up in the sky, looking at your neighbors fireworks.

-

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" You asked as they started to become less.

"Just like you" he said quietly.

"What?" You snapped out of your thoughts and looked at him.

Did he just called me beautiful?

"I said, just like you. They fireworks. They're beautiful." He said, still looking into the sky.

"Thanks, but I guess I can't beat those  fireworks" you chuckled.

"Oh, believe me. You can." He said, finally looking into your eyes.

You just smiled, you didn't know what to say.

"Thanks" you said after a few moments, quietly.

Yes, he was your best friend and yes, you both compliment each other sometimes but this time it was different. The was a whole other vibe there. And so much tension.

He was still looking at you.
And, he got closer.
and closer.

That's when you realized he leaned in to kiss you.

You had to collect your thoughts for a moment, until you leaned in too.

His soft, pink lips against yours. You felt the butterflies in your stomach going crazy. You felt the spark between you two. You put your arms around his neck while he wrapped his around your waist, pulling you even closer.

After a while, you both pulled back, fireworks still cracking far above your heads.

You both smiled at each other, chuckling while pressing your foreheads together.

And kissing again.