Chapter Sixteen

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Only three more chapters after this one! Isn't that crazy!?… I think it's crazy o.o

CRAZY AWESOME

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Chapter Sixteen~

The Fight Against The Tyrant

The night had come swiftly and the dawn took over. The remaining survivors (as far as they knew): Azeem, Bull, John, Fanny, and Friar Tuck had found Robin alive and well when they searched after that bloody, horrible battle.

Now it was the morning... or mourning of the men, women, and children who died yesterday to be free Englishmen.

The men were burying the people they lost in the battle, respectfully with a cross at the head of the burial. Robin sadly dug a grave without much of a word his eyes spotted Azeem carrying a certain body to the hole Locksley had dug.

Friar Tuck, who had been hammering the crosses into the ground chanting burial rites to the dead, stopped what he was doing to sadly watch Azeem carry the lifeless body of Duncan to Robin.

Locksley and Azeem carefully placed the old blind man to the hollowed ground. Robin's entire face was distraught in pain and extremely depressed. His cheeks were moist with tears as his eyes painfully tore away from the bloody face of his dear servant who laid dead before him.

All of this.

All of these deaths were his fault.

He held back a sob as he glanced down to the moist ground, "My pride brought us to this."

"No, Christian." Robin's sad eyes gazed up to Azeem, "It was you who gave pride to these people."

"I was a fool. I was a fool to let him leave." Robin began tucking Duncan carefully with the robes the dead man wore like a mother tucking in their child to sleep, "I believed I planned it all so perfectly."

The black skinned man glanced away for a moment before looking back to Robin, "I once heard a wise man say 'There are no perfect men in this world. Only perfect intentions.' ”

Robin stared at the Moor, "You're an honour to your country, Azeem. You fought better then twenty English knights."

Azeem smiled at the rich boy's compliment while Locksley struggled to keep himself from crying as he carefully covered the face of Duncan with a cowl.

The men buried the great servant into the ground as Friar Tuck hammered a cross for the old blind man. After the burial of his close friend, Robin quietly walked over to a sheepskin that catches water. The rich boy scooped up water and splashed some to his face.

From the mist, a figure of a man wobbled closer to the rich boy where he kneeled. Feeling the new presence, Robin glanced back to see an unlikely face.

"Will!! I thought that you were taken?"

Will stood where he was at the edge of the forest as he nodded towards Locksley, "I was."

Robin studied Will carefully, noticing how Scarlet's left hand was holding his own chest as if he was stabilizing it from pain. "How did you escape?"

Scarlet slightly parted his lips to speak when a loud voice interrupted, "Traitor!!"

Suddenly John comes running up towards the young man. The giant grabs Will and drags him, proceeding to beat on him, yelling. "I'll break your skinny neck! You can't escape!" And some indecipherable yelling of Nottingham and his bloody money.

The group of survivors immediately followed after John as he dragged the young man like a rag doll to a tree a few yards away.

"Where are the others?" Fanny questioned Will as he was still getting punches from the giant.