Chapter Ten

~Chapter Ten~

The Arrow

Evemina slowly became conscious, but kept her eyes closed stubbornly not wanting to wake up. However she became curious on what was in font of her. Whatever it was it radiated a lot of heat and that interested her to figure what it could be. She patted sleepily in front of her and her hand felt something warm. It had a hard bump in the middle, also had some stumbles along the bottom edge, and something squishy.

A chuckle sounded in the hut, causing the maiden to pause from patting whatever she was feeling.

Slowly, her emerald eyes carefully opened to her hand poking at the cheek of a amused and smirking Will Scarlet. Her cheeks bloomed into a bright blush, she had forgotten she had slept in his hut beside him.

Oh gods, she's never going to hear the end of this.

"Good morning, Mina." Will mused as his grin grew bigger if that was even possible.

Her hand quickly retracted from his cheek, Evemina's eyes were wide as saucers as she stared at the young man. "Morning... Will." She whispered.

His hazel eyes glimmered as if to taunt the maiden in her shocked state.

"How was your sleep?" Will questioned.

"Fine." Evemina replied as an annoyed expression started to take over her startled one.

"Did you forget about sleeping with me last night, Mina." Scarlet taunted with amusement sparking in his hazel eyes.

"No." She lied as her emerald eyes glanced away from his face.

"Are you sure?"

"I'm perfectly sure, Will."

"Aww is little Mina embarrassed?"

"No." Than her eyes flicked over to his, "And I'm not little!"

"You are changing the subject."

"I'm not!"

"Yes you are."

Evemina huffed annoyed with his taunts and knowing that he knew that she has been lying through her teeth.

"But I have to break the bad news to you, Mina... You are little."

"No! You are just big!"

"Are you calling me fat?"

"Yes!"

"Ouch. Low blow, Mina."

"You deserve it."

Will Scarlet chuckled before he sat up, "Whatever you say." He tousled her hair before getting out of his hut.

Evemina quickly sat up right and stuck her head out of the hut. Will was starting to walk towards the forest, "Will!"

His hazel eyes glanced back to the maiden, "Yes?"

Her emerald eyes flickered down to her clothes, she had not changed her clothes in well... nearly a week. Evemina desperately yearned for a bath, she could feel the dirt and grime all over her skin. "Do you have a pair of clothes I could borrow... and is there any place I could bathe?"

Will studied her dirty face, "Will you be able to walk fine with your hurt foot?"

Evemina touched her wrapped ankle tenderly, it was not hurting as much as it was yesterday. And she needs to bathe now or she might smell as putrid as if she rolled in feces. Or worse... look like Robin's ugly face.