Chapter Twelve

~Chapter Twelve~

My Mina

Emerald and hazel eyes clashed together in a silent gaze. It was a unspoken duel to see who would crack first. Both were highly stubborn so this stare off could have lasted a long time... Could have.

The guilt that had been building in the maiden was too much to bear at the moment to keep his gaze, "Will." She whispered softly and shifted her eyes away.

Quietly he approached her and squatted down in front of her. "Mina, I... I wanted to apologize for what I said last night." Her ears pricked up at this, honing in to his voice, "I was angry about nothing. You were right... I do know what it's like to be alone and... I never want that to happen again. I never wanted to hurt you, Mina. Nor did I want to make you run away from me. I lost you once... I'm not about to lose you ever. I swore that to you and I will always keep that promise."

Evemina slowly relaxed as she glanced over to Will's eyes. She had seen his joking eyes, angry ones, laughing ones, sad eyes, and his lying eyes before countless times. But the pair of hazel eyes that stared into hers were full of certainty and truth. Don't take it wrong... he was honest in the past but not as he was now. This was from his heart and that's the truth that no one can deny.

Her lips parted slightly as she began to feel words being made in her mind... finally. "I also need to apologize. I should have never ran..." She bitterly sighed with a shake of her head, "I know you and I know you would not have been angry at me. You would have been upset at yourself until I told you not to. I knew afterwards that you didn't mean to hurt me, Will. Running away does not clear problems. I know this now." Her eyes stared at Scarlet as a smile slowly manifested itself on her face, "You are never going to lose me, Will Scarlet."

Will blinked several times before grinning at her words, "Truce?"

A similar smirk appeared on Evemina and she nodded, "Truce."

The young man stood to his feet and carefully scooped her up into his arms. "You know I have been carrying you a lot as of late. When is it my turn to be carried?"

"When you are not fat."

"Sorry Mina but this is not fat." Will tightened his grip on her and loosened to show that it was muscle.

It was than that she realized... Will was still shirtless.

The entire face of Evemina turned red as she eyed his chest. Will glanced down to the maiden, not hearing one of her normal remarks, to see her face red. He was confused on why until he realized he had no shirt on. "I see you cannot handle my devilishly handsome looks."

Evemina blanched and glared up at the young man, "Shut up, William!"

Will chuckles at her, "You did not deny it." he taunted with a sing-songy tone.

Her emerald eyes widened as she turns even more red than ever before. "Put me down!"

He grinned, "No."

"William Scarlet, if you do not put me down this instant you will regret it!"

"I'm sure I will but you are hurt and I'm not making you walk."

"I hate you." Evemina childishly muttered as she crossed her arms across her chest.

"Lies."

"No!"

"Yes!"

"No!"

"Yes!"

"No!"