Chapter Nine

~Chapter Nine~

The Reunion

"Mina?"

Evemina froze at the nickname.

It was not Wulf nor was it any other woodsmen. It was a voice that is all too familiar to her. The maiden's heart thumped against her chest as she slowly turned around to face... Will Scarlet.

His hazel eyes stared at her just as her swollen, puffy emerald eyes stared back at him. Both felt uneasy and unable to speak... it was awkward. Seeing each other for the first time, face to face, since... that day.

Will couldn't help but inwardly gasp at how her emerald eyes stared at him. She was beautiful even though she had been crying. The way she stared at him reminded him of how she gazed up at him when they were little. This 'I'm not sure' look was her frequent expression when he dragged Mina to different adventures around the forest and town.

On the other hand, Evemina once again admired how handsome Will had become with his strong masculine face, his tall stature, and the apparent muscles in his biceps. He was still if not even more taller than she is. His hazel eyes held hope and uncertainty that made her heart falter out of beat.

The man took a hesitant footstep closer to her.

At the same time the two say,

"Are you-"

"Are you-"

The two widened their eyes, "Please go ahead." Will gentlemanly replied to the woman.

Evemina swallowed down her nervousness, "Are you Will Scarlet, son of Lord Locksley and Mariana Beth Scarlet?"

Will Scarlet's body froze at those words that were spilled from her lips. Did he heard those words correctly? A few people knew about Will's true father and were the ones who called him a bastard child or knew but had no point in caring. But no one, absolutely no one, knew his mother's full name besides Evemina.

The maiden did not need any convincing that standing before her was Will. His hazel eyes and his shaggy hair were enough to identify him plus his reactions with her in their previous encounters were also great proof. He stared at the maiden, his mind trying to comprehend this revelation before slowly nodding to the emerald eyed woman.

Evemina's eyes once again filled with tears before launching herself into Will, wrapping her arms around him. Scarlet was shocked by this sudden moment, but quickly recovered by cradling the tiny woman in his arms.

A breath that he had no idea that he was holding in was released from his lungs.

This is truly his Mina.

She's alive. And has been all this time.

More cries erupted from the woman as she nestled her head into Will.

His eyes were leaking with silent tears as he placed his head on top of hers. "Mina." He softly whispered to her, "I missed you."

The maiden sniffled at his words, "I missed you too." Her emerald eyes peered up at Will, "When I fainted yesterday I remembered memories of us." Her eyes moistened, "Than all I could feel was how much I wished that I had ran away with you."

"Shh." Will coaxed the crying maiden in his arms. "I'm here now, Mina. I will never leave you. Ever."

Evemina softly nodded at his words, unwilling to speak against such heartfelt words.

They held onto each other for the longest time, soaking the presence of the other into their soul. It was nearing dusk before Mina glanced up to the man holding her dearly in his arms.