Chapter 4

I heard rustling in the room. I kept my eyes closed but my muscles tensed. I slowly moved my arm to the side of the bed, and Grace was gone. My muscles relaxed as I began to sit up. I heard a muffled scream from the other room as if being covered by a hand. I hesitantly walked over to the door that connected the bedroom and living room. I pushed it open and quickly moved out of the way when some kind of... ball of energy shot at me.

“Come out pretty boy, let’s see how good they make you out to be” a girl who seemed to sound the same age as me said. How is that possible? I quickly moved out of the room they thought they trapped me in and dodged out of the way of numerous more balls of energy that shot from her hands that left burn marks on the wall.

“That is enough Victoria... for now at least” a boy who looked maybe a year or two older said.

“Who are you” I said from my defensive position behind the couch.

“We are with the government, moron” the girl said, she had long brown hair, and was a few inches taller than Grace. I slowly stood up having my fists ready to blow up whatever comes my way.

“Be careful where you point those hands Cody” the boy said.

“We aren’t here to hurt you” he added on.

“Unless you make this difficult” the girl Victoria muttered.

“What are your names?” I said.

“I am Tori, and this is Anthony” she said.

“Now that we have introductions down are you going to come willingly or what?” she said.

“Where is Grace?” I asked.

“You mean redhead, she is right here” Tori said pulling a bound Grace out of the closet. She ripped the tape off her mouth, and Grace fell to her knees in pain.

“Cody, help” she said weakly slightly beaten up. How did I not know they took her when I was sleeping? I was about ready to explode the lamp next to the two of them before Tori grabbed Grace by the back of the neck creating a glowing green ball of energy in her hands.

“Don’t do anything stupid Cody, or little red gets it” Tori said.

“Cody just come with us” Anthony said.

“No” I said blowing up the lamp. I focused on the air molecules in front of Tori and blew them up shooting Tori back smashing into the fridge. I never knew I could blow up air molecules. Thank god I could. Grace ran to my side and I ripped the tape off of her arms, before feeling the force of one of the strongest punches I had ever received crashing into the wall leaving a hole in it. He swung at Grace but she ducked out of the way, moving swiftly sending a powerful kick to the back of his knee, making him fall. I gave her a questioning look, but she just said “Later”. She placed both hands on the top of his head while cartwheeling to the front of his body kneeing him in the face. He fell on his back, but quickly flipped himself back up swinging his fist at her. I quickly put two and two together. The force of the punch, the hole in the wall, Anthony had superstrength like my mother.