Chapter 6

I sat on the bed fiddling my fingers, as I listened to the sound of the shower turn off, and Grace walked out of the bathroom in a white robe.

“Is it wierd, that I feel perfectly fine?” she said rubbing her hair with a towel.

“Yes actually, Caleb’s power was able to heal anything wrong with you” I said.

“Remind me to thank him,... again” she laughed. I laughed as well.

“The last thing I remember is Evan shooting me” she said feeling her shoulder that visibly had no physical damage, even though it did.

“Yeah I took care of that” I said standing up, starting to leave the room.

“Cody, what did you do to him” she said. I stopped at the doorway not turning back.

“I gave him what he deserved” I said. Even though he did deserve death, I couldnt do it.

“How is she doing?” Maria asked.

“Better, still a little mentally messed up, but physically she couldn’t be better, thanks to you Caleb” I said nodding at him.

“It was no problem” he smiled.

“So were you able to get any of our stuff?” I asked Maria hoping for the picture of my parents.

“Actually yes” she said walking over to her black jacket. She pulled out crumbled up cash.

“I got most of the cash you had in that one backpack of yours there is about a hundred thousand dollars here” she said.

“Yeah well I have more money in secret accounts all across the united states that is just pocket money” I said.

“Well that will be semi helpful” she said.

“Anything else” I asked.

“I got these two pictures, I figured you would want them” she said. I took them from her hands and saw that the first picture was a family picture was of Grace and her family, and the second was of mine.

“Thanks” I smiled at her.

“No problem” she said. A phone started ringing, and Caleb pulled a cell phone out of his pocket.

“Hello?” he said.

“She what?!” he said jumping up.