Chapter 1

I sat up looking around the musty hotel room I had taken refuge in for the night. The light was barely peeking over the horizon from what I could tell from the faint glow coming through the shades. I have to stay on the move. I got out of the bed and threw on a t-shirt, and grabbed the duffel bag I had become so familiar with in my 17 years of existence. I grabbed the few other little things I needed and left the room. After dropping the keys off in the office I was off. I got in the green pickup truck I had stolen in the previous town I was in. Yes I said stolen. You see I’m not your normal human being. I can do things normal human beings shouldn’t be able to do. I can speed up molecules to the point of explosion, and so far it did not matter how big the object was. When I was younger they called it Molecular Combustion. Basically in simple terms I can blow things up with my mind.

For obvious reasons the government wants me. What they want to do to me... I am honestly as clueless as the normal person. All I know is running because that is all I have ever done. I move to a new place every 3 days. This way they can not trace me and I have to say I have become pretty good at becoming untraceable. One reason is because I have no one holding me back. No loose ends that could mess me up, and that’s how it has always been. My parents died when I was nine years old. The police are still unsure what really happened, and the government wanted to keep it that way. But they underestimated something very crucial. Me. I was like my parents. I could do things like they could. I can still remember the day they killed them.

“They are here” my mother’s voice said.

“As long as he remains safe I don’t care he just has to stay safe” my father said.

“As long as they don’t know that he is special he should remain safe they won’t harm him” my mother said trying to reassure herself talking about me.

“Are you sure?” my father questioned.

“They have too” she prayed out. She walked over to me and leaned down.

“I love you Cody” she kissed my forehead. She stood up and turned away crying. My father rubbed her shoulder and walked up to me.

“Cody do you understand that they can not know that you are special like mommy and daddy right?” he asked me. I hesitantly nodded.

“Cody promise me you won’t give away your secret!” he said loudly. I was crying now. “I promise daddy” I said as they started pounding the door.

“We love you” they both said bringing me into a hug. My mother placed me on the side of the bed where I could not be seen. I heard the door open. A look of rage crossed my mother’s face as she turned to face the people who were here to kill her. I crouched staring at my father as he clenched his hand in a fist and it turned at light blue color, frozen in ice. My father was gifted with to ability to generate ice from his skin. He could also projectile it at anything he wanted and also freeze other objects. As the first group of men rushed into the room, dressed in swat gear with large guns, my father shot ice at them. More and more men piled into the room and it became too much for my father so my mother left the defensive position she took in front of me and began helping. She threw a man into a cluster of other government agents like it was nothing. My mother possessed the gift of strength that was superhuman. They continued to fight as i knelt there on the ground feeling helpless. Soon it became too much for them and I watched as they were able to sedate both of my parents. A man walked in and looked down at my parents smiling.