Chapter 3

“Wake up Cody! It’s time to go to a new hotel!” Grace lightly shook me. My eyes fluttered open and I went blind for a moment by the bright sun shining through the window. I pulled the covers over my face.

“What time is it?” I asked under the blanket.

“8:30 in the morning. Now lets go I have everything packed” she said. I looked up and she was all showered and ready to go.

“Fine” I said getting up. I went into the bathroom splashing water on my face and changed into a pair of jeans and a black t-shirt. I walked out and grabbed my large duffel bag. I put on a pair of black sunglasses and turned to Grace who had her bags on her.

“Ready?” I asked.

“Yep” She smiled tying her beautiful red hair into a tight ponytail. We walked out of the hotel and were about to venture to off to find a new hotel by foot but Grace stopped me.

“I don’t feel like walking” she said. I pulled her off to the side for the fear of being overheard.

“Do you know how impossible it is to steal a car in a city?” I said to her.

“Yes I am aware but I wasn’t planning on stealing one I was planning on borrowing one.” she walked over to the valet to a person getting out of their car and said “Excuse me?”. I walked up to her to stop her but it was too late.

“Can I borrow your car until later?” she asked sweetly.

“Are you serious?” the man in the business suit said to Grace.

“Completely” she touched his arm.

“If it isn’t any trouble I would really appreciate you giving us your car just until this afternoon” she said.

“You miss, are crazy” he said. She looked into his eyes.

“It will just be until later, please just let me borrow it for a short period” she said innocently.

“I guess so, but I need it back for later” he said.

“Perfect!” she smiled grabbing the keys out of his extended hand.

“ Pick it up at the corner of 9th and Maple. It will be there and the keys will be in the glove compartment” she smiled as she tossed them to me and the man nodded and walked away. I got into the driver’s side completely mind blown.

“What the hell was that?” I asked her.