Rejected

Enjoy!

The new digidestined were having lunch together at a burger stand. Davis was sitting beside Kari and TK was on her other side while Yolei, Cody and Ken sat across from them. Their digimons were sitting under the table enjoying their food. Davis glared at TK as he saw he made Kari laugh at some joke he said.

'He's not that funny maybe just funny looking'

Davis thought with jealousy. It was pretty obvious that Davis liked Kari but somehow Kari would ignore his advances and turn her attention to TK instead.

'Okay, I'm gonna tell her today and I'll make sure TK doesn't stand in my way'

Davis swallowed the lump in his throat and gently patted Kari on her shoulder getting her attention away from TK.

"Kari can we talk outside?"

He asked proudly at the fact he didn't stutter. Kari looked at him with a bright smile and nodded. Together they stepped outside and walked to a nearby park.

"So what is it that you wanted to talk about?"

She asked as she sat on the bench. Davis began to get a bit nervous and scratch the back of his head nervously.

"I was wondering if you would like to go out with me tonight?"

He asked. Kari's smile disappeared and raised an eye brow.

"No thanks, I'll pass"

"But..."

Kari then raised her hand for to signal Davis to keep quiet.

"Davis I don't how to explain myself to you, I don't like you. I don't want to be with you. Why can't you accept that I like TK"

"What? But there are times that you give me gestures, and the way you look at me.."

"I look at you as a friend nothing more. I honestly don't know why you are even leader. TK would make a better leader than you ever would"

Davis frown.

"Hey I understand, you're rejecting me but you don't have to insult me"

"I need to be honest with you because apparently saying the word 'no' doesn't mean a thing to you"

She said as she stood up placing her hands on her hips.

"It does but every time when I turn around you make me have second thoughts because you also flirt with me when TK is not around but when he's around you pretend I'm not there"

"I do not"

She said annoyed crossing her arms over her chest while rolling her eyes.

"Yes you do. I also know the fact that you be trying to get me jealous just by sending me photos of you and TK together"

"So what?"

She said not really caring anymore. Davis began to get angry.

"So what?! I just want to know if I'm wasting my time on some idea that don't exist outside my head. Honestly I still care about you more than a friend, I spend my days thinking of you, knowing that you don't love me the same way. I spend my time, wasting away and waiting for your call"

"You act like its my fault"

"You pushed me to think that we have a chance"

"I love TK not you. Look this is why I don't like you, you act like a brat when things don't go your way, you act and behave like a child. I made you believe that we're more than just friends. It may seem like a crush but it doesn't mean that I'm serious because I'm not"

"Why would you do something like that? I thought you were also my friend"

"You are"

"People don't treat friends like this Kari and don't you forget I was there for you when TK wasn't"

"And?"

"And I really did loved you and I hope one day you would really realize that I am a perfect guy for you but by then it would be too late"

"Yeah right. You're just naive Davis but don't worry we can still be friends"

"Really after you insulted me?"

He asked angrily.

"Hey do you want the others to start asking questions? Its better to pretend it never happened. Now finally that we got that out of the way let's head back to the restaurant"

She said as she began to walk away.

"No you go ahead"

He said quietly. Kari stopped to turn around and looked to Davis who had his head hang low.

"Then what do I tell the others?"

She asked. Davis looked up at her and stuff his hand inside his pockets.

"I don't know, tell them a lie, you're good at that"

He said walking away. Kari glared at him and then smirk.

'Wow, I am so good'

She thought as she headed to the burger stand where all the friends were waiting. As soon as she arrived, Demiveemon hop on the table.

"Where's Davis?"

Kari smiled at him.

"He went home, he said he wasn't feeling good"

"That's strange he was fine a while ago"

Ken said.

"Probably because of how fast he was eating his food"

Yolei said as she took a sip of her drink.

"Yeah maybe"

Demiveemon said sadly.

"But how can he forget me?"

"Don't worry I'll take you home"

Cody said with a smile.

"Thanks"

*Davis's Home*

"Davis!!"

Demiveemon called out to his friend as he hop on to the bed where Davis was laying down on his stomach.

"Hey why did you leave me?"

He asked. Davis didn't bother to pick up his head.

"Oh sorry about that"

He said lowly. Demiveemon knew there was something wrong.

"Davis are you okay?"

"I don't even know"

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"No"

"Then something must be really bothering you because usually at this time you'll be playing your video games"

"I'm just not feeling it today"

"You were fine before you and Kari went out to talk"

"Look I said I don't want to talk about it so just leave me alone!!"

He shouted as he got off the bed and slammed the door to the room leaving Demiveemon confused and hurt.

'She probably rejected him'

He thought.

A/N Rate and Comment