Chapter Three

<><><><><><><><>

Dedication: ToxxicCandy18 for the awesome cover on the side. Thank you heaps, I absolutely love it! <3

<><><><><><><><>

Saying this school was huge would be an understatement. It was monstrous. The amount of twisting corridors and winding hallways, after ten minutes of walking, I was completely lost and reminded that I was starving.

I trailed wordlessly behind Imogen as she rattled off everything I need to know. Every locker we passed was sashed with graffiti and scratching incisions. The floors could do with a thorough scrub, and maybe a few paint jobs on the walls wouldn't hurt. I allowed my eyes to travel, trying to drink in every feature the school offered. A few other people walked passed occasionally, and upon seeing me, their heads would become glued together, mouths working furiously. Within twenty minutes, everyone knew there was a new kid on the block. Or dorm, rather.

We entered the lounge. Instantly, I picked out the instant stereo-typical groups. Imogen swiped at my hand and dragged me towards the group I hadn't had looked at yet. 

"Hey guys," Imogen greeted. "This is my new roomie, Hales."

It alarmed me how attractive everyone in the group seemed to be. I wanted to groan. I am meant to be getting myself back on track. The last thing I needed is for anyone to catch my attention.

"Hayley!" Chase grinned brightly. He wiggled his eyebrows suggestively at me. "Need me to give you a personal tour?"

The last thing I needed was for Imogen to get jealous. So far, she was my only friend. I guess from her little rant last night; I needed at least one. Imogen bristled slightly at the flirtation but kept a smile plastered on her face.

"Okay, moving on," Imogen laughed, rolling her eyes and yet again, tugging on my hand for me to follow her.

I stumbled after her, eyes wide, trying not to feel too overwhelmed.

"Oh, look what the cat dragged in," a girl chided.

She rose to her feet, coming to even slightly taller than me. What is it with all these people? They all seemed to be attractive and tall. That wasn't the case back at my old place. I had excelled in modeling by far because of my height. Everyone used to envy me, but here, they seemed to be the same.

The piercing eyes of the girl draws me to her. She had a razored slit in her eyebrow and a sleeve of brightly-coloured tattoos printed on her left arm.

"And look what the garbage burped up," I retorted as Imogen failed to come up with something. The girl turned to me, sneering. Her eyes dropped, giving me a once over. She changed her stance and folded her arms across her chest.

"Who the hell are you?"

"Noone that concerns you."

"You don't want to make me an enemy, girl," she warned in a low voice. I noticed then a few people had quietened down, watching. From this reaction, I'm assuming she has a dangerous reputation.

"Yeah, same to you, girl." I bit out. "Don't threaten me. You don't know me or what I'm capable of."

"Say that again," she said, getting up close and personal. She struck her chest out, barging into my own. Without hesitation, I shot my hands forward, shoving her back with a force strong enough to make her stumble.

"I said," my breath coming out slightly heavier as the adrenaline of a fight began pulsing through my body. My next words said excruciatingly slowly, so she would understand. "Don't threaten me."