BONUS CHAPTER (Before Colin)

Before Colin...

"Hello?" I answered, trying my best to stifle the giggles.

"I'm just about to come home. Do you want anything from the supermarket?"

My eyes flung open as I gaped at the clock beside me. I didn't realise how late it was! I sat bolt straight and shot a panicked look to Gabe, who even though was "just a friend" was still not allowed to "sleep over", according to my father. Whoops?

"Er-" I said, slapping Gabe's hand away as his fingers began to caress my bare thigh. "Some Nutella?"

"Okay. What do you want for dinner?" he asked, oblivious to the fact that my non-labelled boyfriend was feeling me up as we spoke.

"Tacos," I breathed as Gabe continued to torment me.

"Okie dokie," he replied cheerfully. "See you in 10."

The line went dead and I leapt off my bed. "You need to go!"

"Do I?"

"Yes, Gabe. Like, now," I said, swatting his hands away from me. As usual, his strength surpassed mine, so he easily tugged me effortlessly back down on the mattress.

"What were you saying?"

"That you need to leave."

He snaked his arm around my waist and pressed his lips against my ear, which he knew was a weak spot of mine.

"What was that?"

Immediately, my eyes rolled back as I felt his breath against my skin. Whatever I was thinking disappeared from as he tilted my chin back and kissed me. All thoughts of Dad coming home and catching us definitely slipped away. I wrapped my arms around him and pulled him closer. His response was to run his fingers through my long, blonde hair.

My thing with Gabe just started. I knew I 'liked' him for a while. But it wasn't until two weeks ago, when we attended a gathering thrown by my friend Courtney, that I realised he liked me, too. We weren't dating or anything, but we were definitely getting to 'know' each other better.

Our little tryst, which felt like it went on for only a few seconds, ended abruptly when I heard a car door slam, successfully snapping me out my Gabe-trance.

"Crap!"

***

"I don't have that many rules, Hayley," Dad said with a sigh as he paced in front of me. I sat with my hands clasped together on the dining room table. "But having boys sleep over is in fact one of those rules. You managed to break it."

"I'm sixteen!" I groaned and face-palmed in frustration. "Can you stop treating me like a child?"

"That's exactly my point! You're only sixteen!" he exclaimed, throwing his hands in the air. "You shouldn't be sharing beds with a boy until you're 30, at least!"

I slapped my hand to my mouth as I laughed. "I'll be married with kids by then!"

"Oh dear Lord," he groaned, rubbing his hands roughly across his face. "That's a terrifying thought."

Sensing that he really was upset, I decided to just give in to him just this once.

"I know I went against your rules, and I'm sorry. But I like Gabe, and I think you would, too."

What's nice about my relationship with my Dad was I could be honest with him. I didn't have to pretend to be 'cool' while I was with him. I could just be myself.

"Hmph."

A relieved grin broke out on my face at his response. I immediately got to my feet, walked over, and wrapped my arms around his torso. He immediately hugged me back.