Chapter Twenty Six

<><><><><><><>

Dedication: 11Celeste11 for the awesome cover on the side! I love it.

Recap:

Dear Lord what was happening to me. This was not me at all. I was enjoying it nonetheless. With a content smile slashed across my face, I headed towards the bathroom. I had only managed to make it a few steps, before I felt a hand grab the back of my neck.

My head was thrown forward, connecting harshly with the mirror. I squeezed my eyes tightly shut, as the mirror erupted into tiny shards, raining down beside me. Silence filled the air, the cluttering coming to a still. Slowly, my eyes opened. I stared into the bits of broken mirror that was dangling off off the board.

"Eliza," I drawled, laughing without humour, my old self re-emerging quickly. "What took you so long?"

<><><><><><>

My head was throbbing from the impact of the mirror. Blood trickled down the side of my face as I stared through one of the remaining shards and into Eliza's cold eyes. They were narrowed into slits as she stared at me, a sneer evident on her lips.

"So. You're with Colin."  she stated, clearly already knowing that I was.

I couldn't help the satisfied smirk the danced around my mouth. She clenched her jaw so hard it looked painful. I couldn't help but enjoy the fact that this spoilt brat, despite all her threats, didn't get her way. I'm assuming this was a first.

"Yep," I replied, popping the 'P'. "Is this the part where you say 'he's mine' again and dish out a few more threats, embarrassing yourself further?"

An animal-like growl tore from her throat as her grip on my neck tightened to the extent her nails bit into my flesh. Yeah, that was enough. Using all my strength to push me from the wall, I slammed my head back, connecting the back of my skull to her nose. I heard a satisfying crunch and she let out a desperate cry, releasing her vice-like grip on me.

She cradled her face and I whipped around, not hesitating for a second to throw my leg out, hitting her thigh. Her face crumpled in pain as she fell to the floor. I raised my hand to send another hit her way, before pausing. I tilted my head to the side, watching the blood flow freely from her nose. She was sobbing hysterically. I gulped, the adrenaline slowly fading from my body. I stared at my hand which was ready launch, a little taken back.

I crouched next to her. She flinched as my cool fingertips met with her skin. Okay, so I can definitely say I hate this girl and am sickly happy seeing her in pain, but this much pain was not good. I swallowed, inspecting what I did to her. I had snapped back to my old self so quickly it was a little scary.

"Let me take you to the medical ward-" I began, actually concerned for this piece of crap in front of me. Before I could finish my sentence, the doors barged open and a group of her minions filtered through. I didn't even have time to stand before someone's knee was firmly planted in my back.

I hissed in pain and crashed on top of Eliza. Rolling off of her, I began to scramble to my feet, but was unsuccessful. A girl I hadn't seen much before stomped viciously on my hand. As much as it annoyed me to admit, a yelp of pain escaped my lips.

Two of the girls were tending to Eliza, who was still curled in a fetal position. So there I was, one girl holding my legs down and one with both feet firmly pressed on my hands. My breathing was heavy as I focused hard on not whimpering in pain. I would not give them the satisfaction of hearing me struggle. I was going soft. A couple of months ago I would never have stopped to see if Eliza was okay. Like hell I would ever consider taking her to the medical ward. However, this new Hayley just seemed to get me in to more trouble than I was originally.