The letter

Lily's POV

Waking up with your mates arms wrapped around you, is amazing. I slowly open my eyes, smiling but my smile doesn't last long when I realize where we are. I sigh and let my my eyes slowly drift to the only things that can bring me answers. The letter.

My dad wrote that for me because he knew I would find out about the adoption, I was so young when he died, it seems he really did know me better then I knew myself, he knew that I would find my way back here, something I didn't even know myself. I was so jumbled up in my own thoughts that I didn't notice Alex had already woken up until he put a kiss on my head, bringing a smile to my face.

I look up at him with a small grin on my face while he plays with some of my hair. "Don't do that." He says. My brows pull together in confusion, not sure what he means. "Don't act like your okay, I know your not. I wouldn't be okay, no one would. I'm your mate and your my everything, you never have to hide your feeling from me ." He tells me. I let out a sad smile out as a few tears fall stream down my face.

He pulls me into the crook of his neck, with rubbing my back. "I love you." I tell Alex, whispering it in his ear. He pulls back with a grin on his face. "I love you. Even more, then you could believe." He says wrapping me into his arms again.

I close my eyes, wishing this moment would last forever but I wanted my answers and I wanted them now. I slowly open them, bringing my eyes to the letter again. "I have to read it. Now." I say. I feel Alex nod his head. "Do you want me to leave you alone?" He asks. I shake my head. "Never." I tell him.

I leave him in the bed and let my hand hover over the letter, I let a sigh escape my lips before grabbing the letter and walking back to the bed. I let out a shakey sigh, and Alex wraps his arms around my waist.

I open the envelope, carefully pulling out the letter that carries the last words my father ever wrote and begin to read.

Hello, Little one. If you are reading this I know I have not lived to see you become the beautiful strong woman I always knew you would be. I know you, being as smart as you are, found out that you were adopted. You want answers, and you deserve them. The truth is that, one day a pack of rouges declared war on our pack, and well, war is war. When it was all said and done, we went inside the rouges cabin, and I found you. You didn't smell of a rogue, so I knew you were not born there, something as fragile and innocent as you could have never been created in that place. You were kidnapped, little one. The minute I saw you, I loved you. You may have been kidnapped by rouges, but you were my daughter and you always will be. I spent years looking for your parents, your real parents, the address is at the bottom of this letter, from what I've seen on them, they are good people and just leaders. I only hope you can forgive me for not telling your parents that I found you. I knew they would want you back and I just couldn't bare to let you go, no one ever could. I know you blame yourself for my death, little one but it's not your fault, it never was no matter what anyone said. I love you so very much. My little one, I will always be there for you. No matter what.

Finishing that letter, I am so close to bursting into tears right now. A few tears start escaping, and before I know it Alex is wrapping me in his arms again. I sob harder than I ever had before. I hear the door open, and I am enveloped in another set of arms.

Then another. I look up to see Dad, and Xavier hugging me. I wrap my arms tightly around them. "Please don't leave me." I tell them, still crying. Dad looks me in the eye, and says. "You will never be alone again. That's my promise, and I intend to always keep it."
-----------------------------------------------------------
Hello, lovelies!! It's been waay to long. Long-ish chapter like promised. Sorry I left with that really short one. Please let me know what you think. That was my first time writing anything like that. Until next time. XOXO- Morgan