3⒋

I stare through the glass as the darkness forms into a colored replica of myself, Koren appearing just as confused as me. I quickly lean over to the nurse observing him behind the glass and whisper, "what...what question did you code in?"

"Classified." She bluntly remarks, staring hard at Koren. She sighs heavily, placing her hands back on the board. As soon as her fingers begin retyping, my image starts to fade. The color dims into black and gray, my face morphing in and out of itself. In no time flat I disappear. As if I wasn't there in the first place.

In a mere few seconds the next image starts to adjust. It grows and builds until it stands tall above Koren. The expression he portrays has fallen back to his everyday "I-want-to-kill-everything" face. He huffs a stray strand of his brown hair away from his eye, even though his bangs still conceal it almost completely. The paleness of his eyes contrasts against his olive skin, and I know that I have observed this before, but it just seems different. His cheeks are flushed and contain a healthy glow. His "I-want-to-kill-everything" face has even lost that sincere look of wanting to "kill everything." Maybe...maybe it is the change of scenery.

I snap from my thoughts as another image forms. A tall, gruff man, no younger than fifty is placed strictly adjacent to Koren. When the brown haired human boy notices his companion, his jaw drops open. He turns his head towards us, then back, towards us, then back. His chest begins to heave, his eyes losing the calmness that once rested there. It's evident through the glass that his tough stature is dwindling, and an emotion that I believed nonexistent to him replaces it. It is fear.

"Well, that still hasn't changed..." The nurse beside me murmurs.

"Who is that manー"

"Classified." She cuts me off.

"Pleaseー"

"Classified."

"I justー"

"Classified means classified. You asking over and over will not stop making it classified. It is forever classified. Classified."

I sigh and lean back, deciding to wait for Koren to tell me once he is done.

The Visionary process for him is over quickly, and when he exits the room his face still appears mortified. He stalks over to me and I stand. "Koren, are you okay?" I first make sure to inquire, softly touching my fingers to his arm comfortingly.

"I'm fine." He snaps, jerking away harshly. I retract my hand, looking down.

"I'm sorry. I justー"

"Just leave me alone about it." He spits and swivels around. He hastily joins the circle of his former friends from another life, Camille performing the same arm-touch gesture as me. Only this time he places his hand sweetly over her's and tells her something with a smile. I don't feel envy over her anymore, and I wonder if I ever did. Just as I begin to rotate around a familiar voice suddenly breaks out among the humming chatter of the station.

"Blaine! Blaine!" Melly screeches as she dashes like lightning towards me. A smile rips across my face as warmth floods me. I instantly crouch to reach her height as she slams into my chest, throwing her arms too tightly around my back.

I cough with a weak grin, wrapping myself around her small body. "It's so good to see you, Mel." I whisper into her thick blonde hair.

"Blaine," Brutus smiles down at me. I release Melly to reach his height, a sigh of relief escaping my mouth as I embrace him.

"Blaine! Look what I can do." Melly bursts, and as I turn to face her she runs up to Brutus and throws her fist hard into his groin.

He topples to the ground with a loud, throaty cry, hands gripping at his...injury. Mel giggles sweetly, grinning like she just accomplished something grand. Brutus groans loudly. "WHAT THE HELL, MELLY?!" He fumes. "You just freaking punched me in theー"

"Mel," I interrupt Brutus before he soils the little girl's mind. "Why...what...why the...you just punched him! That's not okay." I scold, but she only laughs.

"No, look! Look, Blaine!" She chirps and scampers over to the collapsed man rolling on the ground, looking like he's on the verge of tears. I begin to protest, but then she tenderly places her hands on his arm. Her eyelids flutter shut and her breathing slows.

"What are you..." My question dissolves when I stare at her deeply concentrated face. She seems so at peace yet so determined. Her blonde hair waves over her shoulder as I witness something unreal. I take a step back when I look at her fingers on Brutus' arm. A soft, grayish glow emits from them, entangling with a gentle blue. A brilliant thrill ignites in me when I understand what is happening.

She finally releases and plops her hands into her lap, giggling sweetly. She smiles proudly at me as I gaze at Brutus. He breathes heavily, staring at his crotch. "It...you...how did you do that?"

"I healed it." She simply states.

"A Veracity power..." I breathe, an enormous smirk starting to form on my mouth.

"Actually I learned they're scientifically referred to as Masteries. Mastery for sing...singyu..."

"Singular?" I smile and she feverishly nods.

"That's what Genevieve told me." She states and an abrupt coldness captures my chest.

"Genevieve?" I feel my insides liquefy at the familiar name. The girl who broke Koren's heart.

"She's the president's daughter..." Brutus finally regains himself to stand, stretching his arms behind his back. "Did I mention we were at the president's house?"

"No, you failed to provide that information." I tell him.

"The president insisted we come and escort you back to her place...well at least that's what her maid said she said. We haven't actually seen her, like in the flesh or whatever. But we met her daughter, and let's just say..." He presses a hand to his heart. "Phew, I could get used to this place."

I roll my eyes playfully, still completely intoxicated by excitement to learn what Melly has done. She unlocked a Veracity Mastery, even learned the proper name. I am beyond thrilled at the moment, so it takes every ounce of self control in me to refrain from tackling her to the ground and attacking her with kisses. Instead, I turn to where Koren is standing, and shout, "Koren!"

He spins around looking unamused. I smile and finish by saying, "Time to visit the President. Care to join us?"

He glares at me for a moment, before sighing in defeat, a gentle smirk moving across his lips. He places his hands on his hips and shakes his head. "You'll be the death of me, Blaine Klisser. I can't keep up with your constant mood swings."

"Right back at you." I agree as he begins to move towards me. An idea pops into my head, one that makes me giddy inside. I quickly lean down and whisper it into Melly's ear, she smiles widely in return.

I hardly have time to stand again before she takes off running and slams her fist straight into Koren's groin.

(Sorry, Koren for hurting you. Please don't hate me.

Yay for Melly and her Veracity Mastery. Whoop whoop. That rhymes...Veracity Mastery.

Veracity Mastery.

Veracity.

Mastery.

Okay, I'm done.

Vote and comment;)

xoxoxo

alli