2⒎

(FIRST OF ALL I ABSOLUTELY ADORE THE SENRY/KOREN EDIT ON THE SIDE:D it literally made my day 8000% better. The used @harryedward1029 made it and I am INLOVE<3 if you make an edit and want it on the story just send me the link^-^ [and lol yes, Senry's last name is St.Claire if I haven't told you;P]

BLAINE

My eyes awaken to a monumental, devastatingly spectacular gate, stretching hundreds of feet off the earth to the cloudless sky. Guards are posted outside in clean dark gray uniforms, their heads shielded by dark helmets. Aim makes a point of assisting me and proving his harmlessness as we approach the massive wall.

This is it.

This is Main.

The sun glares off of the sleek, black walls, the reflection rendering me blind when my eyes accidentally trail over it. Trees line the entry path, their low hanging leaves weeping into our faces, my hands brushing tenderly along their soft foliage. Aim smirks silently to himself, hands in his pockets. I turn to him as we step only yards from entering.

"Thank you." I blurt, hands fiddling together absently.

He grins down at me, ruffling his white hair with his hand. "No problem." He returns.

His eyes are blazing red, and his hair matches the sky that has been colored a dismal white-gray from pollution corrupting our world, or at least that's what Aim told me on our walk here. I open my mouth to speak when I hear my name being shouted above the gusting wind. "Blaine!"

I abruptly whip my body, facing towards the gate. Koren is running to me. His gallops are so rushed that he stumbles over his own feet before colliding with my body, hooking his arms around my back, and pulling me close. I never thought I would miss his smell, but now I find my self voluntarily inhaling it. "Oh God, Koren." I gasp into his collarbone, surprised at myself when I wrap my hands around him, burying my head into his shoulders.

Two days.

It has only been two days without seeing me, but he must have thought I was dead. I would have been if it weren't for Aim.

When I pivot to meet Aim once more I find that he has vanished. A subtle sense of eeriness seeps into me, but I dismiss it. I guide my tangled black hair over my right shoulder as Koren leads me to the large wall. "She's here. Let us in." He demands of the guards. They are different than the ones we encountered on the beach. They all wear deep, rich, intense copper toned hair, near black empty eyes, and dark beautiful colored skin. They stare at us as if we're mad, exchanging concerned glances with one another.

"Names, please." One, a sturdy-gutted man with small eyes, finally speaks up. His hair sweeps to an odd angle, giving him an unattractive appeal.

"You're joking, right?" Koren snaps, rolling his eyes so far in his head that they almost disappear.

"Names, please." The man repeats, this time more demanding.

"Blaine Klisser," I answer when Koren remains silent. I glance over at him and he releases a heavy sigh, defeated.

"Koren Saarne," He mutters, gaze locked on the earth beneath our feet.

"Saarne?" I gasp, the full realization impacting me like a tidal wave. "Like Smith Saarne? Like the governor?" Even Veracity know about him.

"Yeah, it's not a big deal." He roughly states, hands digging into his pockets. "Can we come in now?"

"Do you have an ID?"

"Do I look like I have an ID? I'm eighteen, genius."

"Koren," I mumble a scolding, and to my surprise he doesn't fight back. He just curses under his breath in frustration, straightening up more.

"Just wait a moment for authorization from the president, it will only take a minute." The guard informs us, producing forth a square object from his belt holder. He presses his thumb against a button on top and a static noise sounds. He brings it to his lips and speaks, "President Stacey, we have Klisser and Saarne. Do you give permission for them to enter the city?"

There is a fleeting pause, before a feminine tone rings. "Yes." Is all it says. My chest contracts and my stomach is light as air. We are about to enter the city. We really are about to go into Main. That really was the president that spoke. And this is really happening. Koren will convince them to change the way things are and the Kyo will be punished for their sinful ways. We will be free.

Free.

The guard holds out his hand in a gesture of leadership, pointing us through the gate. We cautiously advance further, until stopping once more. There's a loud creaking sound suddenly blasting in our ears, the sun glaring against the black tinted door. I squint up at the sky, watching the tall, monumental wall beginning to...tear? No, not tear. Open to us. It splits right down the middle and slowly disappears into both sides of the wall. The whole process consumes a few moments and shakes the earth beneath my feet. I grip Koren's bicep to divert collapsing from the tremulous movements. I choose to ignore his silent grin to himself. Or more rather, choose to not mind it.

When I steady myself I release, not being able to avoid a soft gaze with Koren, who looks back at me. His smile vanished, replaced with some unnamable emotion. He really is handsome with the sun's rays dancing against his windswept hair. I shake the thoughts away, looking forward as we take careful steps, with guards in either sides of us.

What I witness next is nothing short of memorizing.

In a far distance, separated from us by a grand flowing body of water, is the largest city I have ever seen. It is illuminated even in the fading day by flashing neon lights emitting from the city; whites and reds and blacks and greens and colors I didn't know existed. "Wow..." I whisper, starstruck.

"Welcome to Main." Koren says next to me. "I sent the Veracity over into the city already."

I look up at him when he says this. "What? Why didn't you go with them?"

He lifts his shoulders frivolously, meeting my eyes. "I...honestly don't know. I just felt like you deserved to see a familiar face during all of this."

"Thank you," I breathe softly, meaning more than just his previous action.

"You're welcome," he replies, meaning something so much more that I do not know.

(Team Senry or Koren? ;}

Please vote and comment if you have been enjoying the story so far, and I want to thank personally all of the people who have been commenting and voting like crazy because you rock LITERALLY SO MUCH AND I LOVE YOU BUNCHES:D everyone who votes, comments, etc is helping me strive towards my dream of being a professional author, so THANK YOU THANK YOU, and ilsm<3

x

o

x

o

~alli