Chapter One // Airport

Peyton's POV

I wake up to my iPhone's ringtone blasting through my bedroom.

I groggily sit up and look at the time; 6:24 in the morning. Whoever is calling better have a damned good reason.

I look at the caller ID. Kayley. I roll my eyes and answer the phone, putting some annoyance into my voice.

"Kayley it's 6 o'clock in the morning, what the hell could you possibly want?" I ask her.

"Nice to hear from you too Peyt. Don't tell me you forgot." She says, sounding more annoyed than me.

"Oh yeah I remember. I'll be at the airport in an hour. Bye" I tell her, then hang up.

Today me and her are moving from our busy hometown in Nevada to L.A. to live with Kayley's cousin.

I've never met him, and she's never talked about him, so I'm kind of nervous to live under the same roof as him, not to mention he's got three room mates.

On the bright side though, it's Los Angeles. There's tons of shit to do so we don't have to hang around them all day every day. Who knows, maybe they'll be cool.

I grab my bags, take one last look at my now empty apartment, and walk out to stand on the sidewalk and wave for a cab.

I get one and I throw my stuff into the backseat, then climb in myself, shutting the door behind me.

"Where to?" The driver asks, looking in her rear view mirror at me.

"Airport please." I say, and she starts driving. I send a quick text to Kayley that I'm on my way, and then put my phone back in my pocket and look out the window of the cab as it goes past all the building and people as I take one last look at the town I grew up in.

We get to the airport and I pay the driver, get my bags, close the backseat door and walk towards the entrance of the airport.

I call Kayley, and she answers almost immediatly. She tells me she's by a water fountain, and when I find it I walk over and give her a nervous smile.

She smiles a bit nervously too, and we walk into the airport and board our plane.