053

chapter ➝ fifty threetype ➝ real life❝ three months later ❞

type real life
❝ three months later ❞

──────────◈──────────

THE NIGHT BREEZE GENTLY SLAMMED INTO the yacht, laughter, and happiness vividly embellished the atmosphere, two days off that half of WWE superstars greatly appreciated. Today was the Total Divas' 6th years anniversary, even though Francine was no longer a part of it, all who have taken part in the program were still invited. Including John Cena, much to her dismay. Everyone seemingly had a great time tonight, but not Francine, if it wasn't obvious enough.

Francine was completely a mess inside, probably outside too. Since that day, the day Francine asked Chris to walk away from her life, she was once again caught in a deep forlorn. She literally couldn't stop the remorse for beating her out, recalling that she was also wrong to act grossly dramatic. And now she needed to experience the consequences, stranded on the brink of heartbreak.

Everything was obviously her fault, she only concerned about what was best for her, but ended up neglecting the others. Francine couldn't even string up words on how foolish she was to let go of someone who had healed her heartache, to let go of someone she started to refer to as her future. She was finally happy, but she was also the one who put an end to it.

Every memory of her and Chris circled in her head endlessly as her eyes rested on the couples who were having a good time. Shailene and Daniel, Maryse and Miz, Renee and Dean, Lana and Rusev, Nattie and TJ, everyone on the yacht were having a lot of fun. Francine wanted to feel that way too, she was exhausted from being confined by dumps and heartbreak, but she couldn't, no matter how much she tried. After Chris left, it was like there was a major part of her leaving as well, allowing herself to not be able to function properly.

Now that Francine thought of it, not everyone believed in her and not everyone supported her, but Chris — he wholeheartedly did everything to her that they were not capable of. When almost all the people had a second thought about her, he didn't. He gave her a genuine affection when she thought she only deserved the hatred everyone threw at her.

Chris was not the only guy in the universe, but he was the only one that matter for her.

All this time, he could handle her flaws, adored her on her moody days, kiss her even when she felt horrible and said she was special no matter what happened. And that was when a realization hit her. He was worth loving, but she didn't fight for him at all. The tears instantly swamped up Francine's wooden-colored eyes and at that moment, she deeply knew she didn't want to mess this one up. So, Francine stood up and escaped the yacht, ignoring everyone who definitely stopped what they were doing once they saw her leave.

"Francine!" Shailene called and tried to catch up with her, visibly struggling to keep her balance in her heels. "Oh my, slow down! Where are you going?"

          "I can't do this," Francine remarked as she abruptly stopped to face her sister, tears welling up in her eyes. "I — I can't."

          Shailene gasped for air and placed her hands on her hips, furrowing her eyebrows in confusion. "Do what?"

          "Pretending," Francine answered faintly, biting her bottom lip. "I'm not. . . happy."

          Shailene fell silent for a brief moment before she pulled her sister into an embrace. Francine sobbed quietly on her shoulder as Shailene rubbed her back gently. "I know you're not."

          "I can't let this one slip out of my grasp."

          A content smile adorned Shailene's lips. "Then go get him back, sister."

          Francine shook her head, tightening her grip on Shailene's body. "I don't know where to start."

          "Call Ivory or Calligenia, they'll help you."

          "God, I don't even know if he wants me back," Francine said weakly. "I treated him like shit."

          "Hey, don't say that." Shailene pulled away and cupped her sister face, wiping tears that hung beneath her eyes. "You needed time to recover, all you did three months ago was due to stress. If I were you, I would also do the same thing. I'm sure, wait no, I know he understands."

          Francine didn't know what to do — what she had to say to him. They hadn't talked for three months and he didn't even bother to send a message or call her, which only added to her belief that he didn't completely like her. Not that Francine expected a lot, but deep down in her heart she knew that she had chosen Chris as the keeper of her heart.

          "How can you be so sure?" Francine questioned, still finding it impossible for her to come back to him.

          Shailene chuckled, reaching forward to grab both of her hands. "We talk everyday."

          "W — What?"

          "If you think he doesn't care because he doesn't call or text you, you're wrong," Shailene stated, grinning excitedly. "He always asks you through me because he refuses to intrude your privacy, see? He appreciates you a lot, Fran, it's impossible if he can't understand you. Here's what I know, he's not like John. He's ready to go through everything with you, hell, he chooses you even though everyone else wants him. Now, if you don't come back to him, you will be the stupidest person ever."

          Francine's mind twisted back to the first day they met, the way he looked at her, the way he spoke to her, the way his lips ranged in sync as his oceanic eyes smoldered beautifully — it was ludicrous because at first, she thought that Chris was just the same as every man. But it turned out she was wrong. He started a fire in her soul, and never did he let her shivering in the cold.

          There was something about Chris Evans that just wouldn't let her give up. And that was how everything worked, if Francine didn't give up, he wouldn't either.

          "I've become the stupidest person, Shai," Francine admitted, but then a teary smile broke out of her lips. "That's why I won't make the same mistake again."

It took Francine months to leak out of her comfort zone, blocking out all kinds of feelings that could hurt her, but now, she had enough to leave her heart out of this. Because Francine knew the best for her now was to be with him, to love and be loved by him.

──────────◈──────────