✓ Prologue: First Friendship

(Edited)

"S-s-stop it." A small voice stuttered, belonging to a tiny girl as she tried defending herself from a pair of older boys.

One of the boys, a chubby one, laughed in her face and mocked her stutter, "Awww is the little baby gonna c-c-c-cry?"

"Yeah, are you gonna go be a little s-s-s-sissy!" Added the other boy, impersonating her as well.

"I s-said st-st-stop it or else!" The frail (h/c) haired girl said, trying to muster confidence. However, the boys just cackled again. The scrawny one leaned towards her and grabbed the collar of her (f/c) dress.

"Or else what?” He said smirking with his crooked teeth. When her lip quivered and tears threatening to come out, he just scoffed and threw her onto the dirt covered ground.

She let out a whimper and before anything could happen, both of the bullies’ expressions turned into feared ones.

"Hey! Leave her alone!" Said a new voice. The young girl looked behind her and gasped.

There standing behind her was a boy her age owning a unique appearance starting with shaved black hair and a yellow mohawk, a scar on his left eye, and a butt chin. The boys who once thought they were tough ran away screaming "monster".

The boy looked away in sadness, but then turned his head towards the girl noticing her shaken state. "Are you okay?" He was nervous and hoped she wouldn't be scared of his appearance like everyone else that had seen his face.

To his surprise, the girl didn't seem afraid of him. Instead, she gave him a shy smile. "Y-yes, uh t-thank you."

"You aren't scared of me?" He gasped.

She shook her head, "N-nope, it's not lik-k-k-e you were th-the mean one."

"I'm Nendou Riki, want to be best buds? My mom can take us to a cool ramen places!” Riki smiled, happy to know he made a friend.

"Okay." You giggled at his sudden quirky attitude.

And with that, you two created a platonic bond not caring about each others flaws and eating ramen on the weekends. Riki would always defend you making sure no one would bully you again. Though during middle school, you transferred schools to help you with your speech. You promised to kept in contact with him.

|YEARS LATER|

"Hm-hm-hm-hm.” Quiet humming trailed along as a closed eye teen eagerly made her way through the sidewalk with a pep in her step.

Suddenly, opening her big (e/c) eyes. She stopped noticing she had arrived at her new school and smiled eagerly waiting for the new day to begin with her music surrounding her mood. The sixteen year-old teen looked down at her uniform and grinned.

That girl was you (L/N) (Y/N)!

You had recently transferred schools because your parents decided they missed their old town. You were a little scared at first but remembered that a close friend of yours came here and it wasn't like you needed anymore help in your speech. It took some time to get over it and though you still had a little anxiety with certain situations, Nendou would be there to guide you.

Ding

Looking down at your phone, you saw that there was a message from your old friend. You laughed knowing that it was him from the ramen emoji. He does love his ramen.

(4) Messages: Open

Nendude🍜: hey girly😃 im already here at skool along with my buddies.
Nendude🍜: you should come and meet them, especially my little buddy!! he's a little shy 🤓
Nendude🍜: p.s your still my best buddy
Nendude🍜: p.p.s don't tell him I said that bcuz he will get sad

Giggling, you shake your head at his messages but then wondered aloud, “Who is his 'little buddy’?” Shrugging, you skipped along into your new school to greet your old friend.

You tried your best to ignore the many stares from the students, your new peers. Fortunately, you spotted Riki. You quickly noticed that he hasn't changed as much, just more taller and built which wasn't all bad. It gave him a tougher look.

You smiled hugging the taller male. "Hey Ri-kun, how are you?"

He chuckled hugging back, "Good and how about yourself, Girly?"

You blushed at the old yet embarrassing nickname muttering, "I'm fine.”

With that, your hyperactive friend guided you inside of the school and rambled on.

A/N: This is just the starter and I hope you guys liked it. I wanted to introduce Nendo like this because in the show he seems like those dumb characters, but really he's just a cool and nice guy. And I wanted him to be like a brother figure to the reader so yah :). Hopefully, I portrayed him good