Chapter 8

Sadie’s POV

******************************************************************

I was relieved to see my spacious apartment again; it felt as if I had been away forever. I switched on my 50” plasma TV and headed into the open plan modern kitchen that was situated on the left hand side of my living room. I loved my home.

I made myself a quick meal from the frozen ready meals I always had in abundance, I was way too busy to make anything from scratch, I either bunged a frozen meal in the microwave or I ate out. I took one forkful of my beef lasagne and nearly choked on it, “Wow this food tastes like shit!” I growled, I guess I miss my aunts cooking.

The evening passed slowly, I had tons to do but nothing seemed to give me any motivation, even the large tub of double chocolate ice-cream didn’t help, or the extra long soak in my bath with all my expensive bath oils, I now resorted to staring at my laptop screen and sighed realising that I was doomed!

I closed the laptop lid and pushed it to the back of my smoky glass and chrome coffee table and rubbed my temples trying to pull myself out of this unproductive state of mind. I knew why I was feeling like this, I had done since I left Scotland yesterday, no matter what I done it was as if I was carrying a ton weight on my shoulders that was getting heavier my the minute. But hell would freeze over before I ever set foot on that land again!

James POV

*********************************************************************

I finished my egg rolls and decided to go out for a run, we deserved that after all the shit we had been through with our so called mate, my wolf was still longing for our mate but I was so over her, in fact who needs a mate, there are plenty of other mateless girls out there that would die to be my mate!

I took off all my clothes and shifted into my magnificent black wolf and bounded into the woods, I was going to give over my control to my wolf but he just sulked and refused to run so I took full control and thought o would teach him a lesson. I ran and ran until all four paws were throbbing with pain, my ebony fur was soaked with sweat and my heart was beating so fast o thought it would leave my body.

I collapsed on a heap and panted heavily as I allowed the brisk breeze to wash over me and cool me down, I would never tell my wolf but I guess I miss my mate as much as he does.

That was the main reason for the run, every time I closed my eyes I seen the perfect face of my mate, it was as if she had burned her image into the back of my eyelids, I had to get her out of my mind and if bedding every single girl in the human village was going to help, then so be it!

That night I threw my glad rags on and hit the town, it wasn’t long before my good looks had attracted a rather pretty blonde, it wasn’t until she got closer that I realised that she was more fake than I first thought, her boobs were too big and perky to be real, her hair was too blonde, almost white with the first signs of black roots showing.

She came closer and immediately I felt my throat starting to gag with the tons of makeup that was plastered all over her face, “Damn human women, did they ever need that much makeup on?” I growled quietly to myself but my wolf had gone silent again, possibly as I was trying to cheat on our mate.

“Hey good looking” the girl spoke in a soft but sexy voice, I didn’t feel attracted to her one bit but if it took the pain away for a little while it would be worth it. I smiled back and she instantly fluttered her eyelashes at me, I knew what I was about to do was wrong but right now I have two problems, I want my mate out of my head and I am now aware of another urge that need attention.

An hour later me and Stacy were now lying in her bedroom fully naked, I needed this but why did my heart feel so sore, this girl knew how to turn men on and by the drawer full of condoms I guess this wasn’t the first time she took a complete stranger up to her room. But what the hell…I’m here now I may as well make the most of it!

I took control before I changed my mind and lay on top of her and groaned as she rubbed herself against me, I looked at Stacy and smiled, she was the complete opposite of Sadie, she had pale blonde hair that was cropped shortwhereas Sadie had the most gorgeous red hair that seemed to flow like red wine out of a bottle, Stacy had vivid green eyes unlike Sadie’s ice blue eyes that seemed to sparkle, ‘this is not helping!’ I growled before thrusting myself into a delighted Stacy.

I knew by the moans coming from Stacy that I wasn’t hurting her but I couldn’t help thrusting harder and harder, I was just about ready to climax until I closed my eyes and everything changed, all I seen was Sadie’s sad eyes filled with tears for what I had done. I felt like shit but remembered that I had already kissed Sadie and started the mating process; she would have known exactly what I had just done.

I pulled out of Stacy, grabbed my clothes and ran out the house as fast as I could, no apologies, nothing I don’t think could make me hate myself any more than I do myself.

Sadie’s POV

*********************************************************************

I gave up trying to catch up with work hours ago; I now sat in my luxuriously decorated bedroom and stared at the champagne and ivory swirled wallpaper and sighed, this was hell ‘maybe if I catch some sleep I might feel better in the morning’ I mumbled to my wolf who just huffed at me.

I lay down and felt my body melt into my highly-priced memory foam mattress and closed my eyes and hoped that sleep would come soon. After what seemed like eternity I felt my body start to relax and knew sleep was on its way.

I woke up hours later with a sharp pain that seemed to be coming from my heart, my first thought was that I was having a heart attack, I couldn’t seem to catch my breath as I gasped and clutched my chest. This was unbearable; I was just about to phone 999 when it suddenly stopped.

I sat in bed with my knees pulled up to my chest as I sobbed as it dawned on my what had just happened…my mate just slept with someone else!