Chapter 5

James POV

*********************************************************************

I paced back and forth after my dad had left unsure what the next step would be, do I summon her to my office and explain that they can’t be together or just run her out of town like the dog she was. Either way she wont stay here another day!

I knew I should call it a day and go to bed but my wolf for some reason was angry with me, he snarled, growled and snapped at me whenever I tried to speak to him, fine if he wants to be like that then there will be no more runs for a month I huffed but my head just filled with insults that I am sure I didn’t deserve.

I sighed and headed off to bed, I looked at my super king-sized dark mahogany bed with black silk sheets and felt a numb feeling in my heart as I realised my mate will never sleep here…although maybe sleep was the wrong word I thought as an image of my red haired mate with the icy eyes filled my vision, I could just about remember the strawberry and vanilla bouquet that radiated from her.

I then remembered the other scent that seemed to overpower her own unique smell and all feelings turned to stone again.

“Tomorrow will be different”

One month later (present Day)

*********************************************************************

It had been a month and I had learnt that my mate’s name was Sadie and she was the niece of the elderly couple, apparently her aunt was an illegitimate daughter. Her mum had fallen pregnant by a werewolf really young and it wasn’t till twenty years later her mum had found her rightful mate and her sister was born the next year.

That explains the age gap I thought, but too many thoughts were swirling round my head and I couldn’t bear to go near her but I couldn’t bear to send her away as I knew my heart and my wolf wanted her. I woke up most nights in a cold sweat at the memories of that night but then her face would enter my dreams and calm me down, I was so confused.

So here I am in the same pub I ran off to just under a month ago although the envious looks I got then were replaced with looks of pity at my dishevelled appearance, even my members were starting to change their attitudes towards me. No longer were the unmated females fighting to get my attention they just shook their heads at me and walked on.

I looked at the empty beer glasses that littered my table, I knew that I had drunk more than any capable human could in a whole night and I had managed this within a few hours and knew I could carry on…but what’s the point, it’s not going to change anything. I kept to my promise and didn’t allow my wolf the freedom of our usual long runs, in fact I haven’t shifted since that night and knew that’s one of the reasons I probably looked as bad as I do right now.

I groaned and pushed myself up out of the chair and walked out the pub squinting in the mid afternoon sun, it was only then that I noticed a faint hint of strawberries and vanilla that made my body tingle, which felt good against the constant numbness I had kept my body in.

I searched the humans streets wondering why she was in the human village, then I saw her, completely different to the last time I seen her. She was wearing a knee length pale lemon pencil skirt with matching jacket and a white blouse underneath, her hair was up in a sexy do with curls that escaped to frame her beautiful face.

I shook my head as I noticed her legs that seemed to go on forever down to matching pale lemon shoes with killer heels, they could do some damage I smirked as I watched her carelessly walking down the high street peering though the shop windows.

It was then that I noticed the way she dressed wasn’t normal for wolves around these parts; she was obviously a career woman, maybe a secretary or receptionist. She stopped dead in her tracks and sniffed the air, before I had time to hide she turned round and stared right at me with cold hard eyes.