9. Escape Plan and the Tied-up Brand

Clarissa's POV

Clarissa's POV

We were all lounging around, with a look of depression and sadness all mixed into one. It was....well depressing to watch.

I was sitting on the couch in the living room, fiddling with my bracelet that was on my right wrist. It was simple yet had a touch of color. It had about nine strands that were different pastel colors and they were tied together in a knot at the very tips of them. I got it about a year ago for my birthday and have worn it ever since. I guess you could say it's special to me.

While I was fiddling with it, something popped up in my mind. 

Oh my gosh. I totally forgot about my date with Brand on Friday. I guess I've been so busy thinking about the foreclosure that it just slipped my mind. As I was thinking about it, blush started heating up my cheeks causing my eyes to widen and put my hands on my cheeks. Yep, they were warm. 

 I glanced around the room, luckily no one was paying attention and got up to go to the bathroom. I didn't really feel like seeing any one, especially Brand with my face looking like a red tomato or a firetruck. That would just end with me getting embarrassed and a chance for my brother to get one look at me and die of laughter. I am not, under any circumstances, taking that chance.

Third Person POV

Meanwhile, Chunk is rummaging through the refrigerator. He pulls out a can of whipped cream. "Oh God, am I depressed", he states as he tilts his head back and squirts whipped cream into his mouth.

Mikey speaks up. "If I found One-eyed Willy's rich stuff I'd pay all my Dad's bills. Then maybe he could get to sleep at night, instead of sitting up trying to figure out a way for all of us to stay here."

"Yeah, me too", agrees Data.

Mouth nods. "Me too."

"Me four", states Chunk. 

Brand shakes his head. "Forget about any adventures, limp-lungs. I let you out and Mom'll ground my ass and I've got a date with Clary on Friday, alright?", Brand states as he glances at each of the guys, lastly glancing at Mouth. He looks around wondering where his long-time crush was before his attention was cut off by a loud laugh. He looked over and it came from Mouth.

"You're dreamin' kid. There's no way, 'cause that means my mom's gotta drive. Then you gotta make it with Clary and my mom... Eww. I can't even picture that."

Brand rolls his eyes. "Shut up Mouth."

"Shut up Mouth", agrees Mikey.

Mouth then decided to speak up. "Shut up Data."

Mouth is sitting on the counter with his bum hanging over the edge of the sink. Brand turns on the faucet, soaking Mouth's pants.

Mikey lets out a sigh. "Guys, what are we going to do about that Country Club? It's killing our parents. If we don't do something now there's going to be a golf course right where we're standing."