28. The Total Meltdown, the Dark Cave and the Skeletal Remains

Third Person POV

Third Person POV

As the group ventured further and further into the cave, the dimly lit lantern was only providing so much light in comparison to the dark atmosphere.

Brand slid his way from the back of the group to the side of Clary and Stef who were still giggling about Stef becoming a baseball legend. Meanwhile, Andi was in front of the girls and Mouth, Mikey and Data were taking the lead among the narrow mud path.

"You know I bet you could become a good 'ole baseball player if you wanted to, Stef" Brand chimed in as he wrapped his arm around Clary's waist bringing her in close.

Stef rolled her eyes. "Seriously? Not you too", she groaned teasingly.

"Alright alright alright. Maybe not baseball. Softball though? I think you've got a chance. I can give you some tips next time once we escape this place."

"Yeah yeah okay Brand. I know you're one of the high and mighty jocks at school so you basically eat, sleep and breathe sports but I highly doubt it. I appreciate the high enthusiasm of my athletic abilities but—"

All of a sudden, a shout was heard from a head from a certain asthmatic boy.

"A lantern! Look, you guys, a lantern! Somebody must been here before us."

"Maybe they are still here", piped in Data.

At hearing those words, Clary quickly glanced around their path from behind them to as far as she could see in front with the limited lighting they were working with.

"God, I hope not. That's the last thing we need."

Mouth's eyes then drew attention to other items along their path.

"Look at these cigarettes."

It is a mystery as to where these articles came from. The group puzzle over them as Andi climbs down into the cave. This is becoming too much for her now and she is becoming increasingly nervous and frightened.

Andi begins muttering to herself. "Ten minutes ago..."

Mouth then tries grabbing her attention to keep moving forward.

"Come on Andi."

"—Troy was looking down my shirt", she gasps before continuing once more. "Who cares? There's nothing wrong with that, is there? If I wasn't so stupid he'd still be looking down my shirt."

Brand and Clary both look at each other before slowly turning their heads back in the direction of Andi who looked as though she was about to fall apart at any moment.

"You guys, listen to her." Brand spoke as they moved closer towards her. Clary moved closer to the front trying to keep up with the pace of the migrating teen who was now walking ahead of the group.

Everyone was now staring at the terrified girl out of curiosity into what was going on. Her shift in mood was a surprise to everyone.

"What's the matter with her?" Data asks as he stares ahead at the mumbling Andi.