5. Rosalita and the Miscommunication

Walsh Residence - Living Room

Irene Walsh, Mikey and Brand's mother enters. She is an attractive lady, perhaps about thirty-seven years of age. Her left arm is in a sling for an unknown injury. Like the others, she too is troubled about the foreclosure and the stress causes her to get her words confused.

Being the practical wife and mother that she is, Irene has hired a local woman, Rosalita, to help with the packing until she regains full use of her left arm. Everybody greets her as she enters.

Clarissa's POV

We were all listening to Mikey talk about the disclosure and arguing saying how everything is going to be okay and that everything is going to be fixed, especially with the help of his dad, when all of a sudden Mikey and Brand's mom Irene walks in with a woman who looked hispanic. I've known Mrs. Walsh since forever. She is a really sweet woman and I've grown a good friendship with her as we have all grown up.

"Hi, Mrs. Walsh" I say with a smile.

"Oh... hi Mom!", says Mikey.

"Hi Mom", says Brand.

"Hi, hi", says Chunk.

"Hi Mom", repeats Mikey as he looks over at his mom, who was walking over towards the kitchen to put away the bags she had left in her hands.

"I see Data 'dropped' by", Mrs. Walsh states as she glances between the now-ruined screen door and Data, who gave her a sheepish grin.

"Hi, Mrs. Walsh, how are you?", Data questions.

"Hi Mrs. Walsh" says Chunk.

"Boys, Clary, this is Rosalita. Rosalita is going to be helping us with the packing just until my arm is better", Mrs. Walsh says as she introduces Rosalita to us all.

"Hola", says Mouth.

"Uh, Rosalita doesn't speak a word of English,  and I know some of you have taken some Spanish in school...", she says,  hoping one of us will help with translation.

My brother deciding to speak stands up. "Well, Mrs. Walsh, I speak perfect Spanish. And if it's any help to you I'd be glad to communicate with Rosalita", he offers with a smirk on his face.

I look at him suspiciously. He's up to something. That is a give in.

"You're a lifesaver Clarke. Come with us, will you?", she says with a look of relief on her face as she gestures my brother to follow her and Rosalita.

However, before he could go far, I grabbed his arm tugging him back, causing Mrs. Walsh to give me a look of confusion.

I gave a little chuckle before clearing my throat. "Sorry, I just have to talk to my brother for a quick second", I say plastering a smile on my face.

She just nodded with a smile before walking off with Rosalita.

"What?", says Mouth with a slight whine as he looks up at me.

"Clarke. Don't even think about it", I say kind of dark.

"What?", he asks with a smirk.

"You know what. Now go before she comes back", I say as I release him arm and going back towards the boys as my brother follows the two women, knowing for a fact that he is not going to listen to what I said at all, knowing my brother.

"Mikey, no more potato chips. I've told you...", Mrs. Walsh states as she comes back in the room.

"Hello Irvin...Mikey honey..." Mrs. Walsh says as she looks from Brand, who ended up moving from his spot next to Clary to a bar which he is hanging upside from, to her youngest son who was in a huddle with the boys and Clary who gave a smile towards Brand, which he returned.