[6] Because of You

I will not make the same mistakes that you did

I will not let myself

'Cause my heart so much misery

I will not break the way you did,

You fell so hard

I've learned the hard way

To never let it get that far

Because of you

I never stray too far from the sidewalk

Because of you

I learned to play on the safe side so I don't get hurt

Because of you

I find it hard to trust not only me, but everyone around me

Because of you

I am afraid

Kelly Clarkson ~ Because of You.
* * *
[un edited]

I look in the mirror one last time. Running my hands over the dress I'm wearing, I smile at the beautiful nude color. The dress stopped mid thigh and one arm was sleeveless while the other was full arm. I'd curled my hair into lose curls before putting it in a low bun, with strands hanging loose. I'd kept my makeup light, focusing on my eyes and my red lips.

I step into my red pumps and grab my clutch before walking downstairs. Josie had been over to fetch Scott and she'd insisted on having him till tomorrow. I enter the family room and see Zach sitting with his back to me.

"Ready?" I call. He looks over his shoulder and I feel my cheeks redden when his eyes runs up and down my form. He stands up and turns so we stand facing each other. As his eyes examine me again, I take the opportunity to look at what he's wearing. A black button up hugs his chest and biceps and he's wearing a pair of dark washed jeans. As always, he hasn't bothered with his hair, leaving it as it is, disheveled. When he clears his throat, I look at him and smile.

"Let's go." I say and turn around and walk down the hall. I pull on my coat before we walk out the front door and walk towards the elevator.

"You look beautiful." I hear Zach say once the elevator doors close. I blink once before craning my neck and looking at him. He keeps his eyes on the elevator doors.

"Thanks." I say softly before the doors slide open. We walk towards Zach's Jeep and climb in. We stay quiet the whole ride. He parks the car before we climb out. We make our way to the entrance of Maroi's and are greeted by a host. After Zach tells her his name, she leads us into the restaurant and to the table where Shane and his date are sitting.

"Damn Kaylee!" Shane whistles the moment I pull of my coat. I smile at the man who's gone all out, wearing a tie and all. I sit down beside Zach, who is already looking at the menu before I glance at Shane's date. Her eyes are on Zach and she's looking at him as if he is a pice of meat. I clear my throats and her eyes flickers to me before they return to Zach.

"Hi, I'm Lola." She says to Zach and grins when he looks up from the menu. She extends her hand and he shakes it with a nod.

"Zach," He says before retracting his hand and returning to look at the menu. I grab my menu and look through it before a waiter approaches our table.