[8] I Miss Her

It's not fair

I'm talking to You upstairs

Are you there?

You know I care

So please don't tell me that this is an empty prayer

Oh no

Cause all she has and all she's lost

I wish she could remember

I watch her fade and slip away

It's hurting more than ever

I miss her even though she's still here

You need to listen

Don't let her disappear

I'll give her my forever

If it meant for a day she could really be okay

'Cause I miss her

Jessie J ~ I Miss Her

***

I was fuming.

And for two reasons. The first reason was Zach. I'd been furious all night since he first growled my name and then kissed be—or almost kissed me, before he'd pushed me away and left the room. I'd been confused and embarrassed, but now I was just angry.

The second reason; my mother, who'd forced me to meet with a therapist. I'd told her and dad that I was fine and I certainly did not need to talk to a stranger about my loss. But did she allow that? Absolutely not. No. She'd personally driven me here, checked me in and didn't leave till I walked into Dr Zin's office.

My eyes were on the large, fancy clock hanging on the wall beside her. I hadn't said a word since I'd arrived and I planned on keeping it like that through all the sessions to come.

"I'll see you next week, Kaylee." Dr Zin's voice startles me, but I'm out in a minute, walking towards mom's car.

"How'd it go?" Mom asks me when she pulls away from the curb. When I stay silent, she glance over at me. "Kaylee, I believe this is good for you. You haven't talked about Jenna since that night. It's not healthy to keep all of this inside."

I look out of the window, ignoring mom's eyes. "I'm fine, mom." I lie.

Mom stays quiet after that. When she parks the car, she grabs my arm before I open the door. "I'll see you, Zach, and Scott tonight?"

"Yeah." I tell her, before climbing out and walking through campus.

I sit through Professor Ramos's class, rolling my eyes when I notice him checking out one of the students. After I'm done with all my classes, I text Zach and tell him I'll meet him and Scott at my parents' house tonight. I get on the bus and take a seat in the back. When I reach my stop, I get off and look at the sight before me, sighing loudly before walking towards my destination.

I stop when I reach it, and just stand there, looking at the huge stone in front of me.

I shake my head.